The Front Porch Swing

Welcome home!
hugs.gif
So thankful for you and what the Lord has done for your sister and family!! GOD IS SO GOOD!! I will continue to pray for her full and speedy recovery!!
If you could remember to pray for my DDIL, Stephanie, who has CF. She is not doing to well. Lots of pain from infection in one of her lungs. She had it collapse a couple of weeks ago. Took a while to get it inflated. Her doctors can't do anything more for her here, because her lung could collapse again. She can't get into Cleveland clinic until the middle of June. Then 3 days of doctors apptments. Then hopefully she will get on the transplant list. They have to have $100,000 in the bank before she can get the transplant. Friends are going to have a benefit for her at the end of the month. Her brother passed away in 06 of CF. They had lungs for him, but when they opened them, the lungs were damaged. He passed a couple of days later. I just say all of this so you will know how to pray. She has such strength! But she knows and trusts the one who holds her!! Praise God!!!
smile.png

She is in my prayers...

I l
I didn't know any body else even heard of Jim Croce! I am the kind of fisher that knows what to do with a fish when I catch one, but I don't care if I don't catch one. On the bank of a pond or river is a good place to be!

Going to bed now...work tomorrow.....

I love john Denver!! Also Dolly Parton. That's done good down home singing

She is in my prayers...
Geez, Lindz, is there NO respecting a girl's privacy at your place? :D Well, some of us are old :) [COLOR=474747]If I could save time in a bottle[/COLOR] [COLOR=474747]The first thing that I'd like to do[/COLOR]
[COLOR=474747]Is to save every day[/COLOR]
[COLOR=474747]'Til eternity passes away[/COLOR]
[COLOR=474747]Just to spend them with you[/COLOR]
[COLOR=474747]Next up on the music player of your choice:[/COLOR] Yes, I'm bein' followed by a moon shadow Moon shadow, moon shadow Leapin' and hoppin' on a moon shadow Moon shadow, moon shadow
Love those!!

Dolly Parton's song Coat of Many Colors makes me think of my momma. Momma raised 7 kids by herself, daddy died when I was 10. I was the oldest child. I had an amazing childhood because she knew how to make life fun despite lack of money.

I really need to write down my childhood stories.............

Dolly Parton's song Coat of Many Colors makes me think of my momma. Momma raised 7 kids by herself, daddy died when I was 10. I was the oldest child. I had an amazing childhood because she knew how to make life fun despite lack of money.

I really need to write down my childhood stories.............

You need to try your stories out on us first.
wink.png

Lisa :)

That can change Laura. For lots of people your age ( just < half my age) fun is going to a bar to drink, party party! Only things that are directly influencing them 'today' are of interest. But they (most of them) will move on, some more quickly (like you) than others. You will find the people further along that path. Do they have "Farmers markets" where you live? My guess is you'll find young people there that share your "old heart" soul.

Yep, stick to the porch where the old
hide.gif
, um I mean people with more life experience, hang out
big_smile.png

Bruce
Man, I wish I had gone through that "PARTY! DRINK! WE'RE SO GONNA REGRET THIS TOMORROW MORNING!" phase, but I never did. At most, I rebelliously dyed my hair black and in college, cut it all off. Though, I didn't really cut the hair off to be rebellious. It was just getting super hot here and I was about to film for the RGV Livestock Show. Of course, I got called all sorts of names for that. Apparently, practicality means nothing to the people who bothered me.
idunno.gif

What Farmer's Markets do you go to? Mine happens once a week, but it is slow-going and most everyone there are still older than me and don't seem that interested in talking. I'd probably have to drive half an hour on a Saturday to get to the cool farmer's markets in McAllen. But you do make a valid point: I need to go somewhere that harbors people like me, haha!

Back
Top Bottom