The Front Porch Swing

Hi everybody, just a quick question to see if anyone has experienced this.

My dog is suddenly constantly barking at my hens like they are a threat. Nothing has changed except her, it started a few days ago while we were hanging out by the run. She would run round and round and bark incessantly. It is getting really bad.

What is going on? She loves our chickens, even the roo and her get along.
idunno.gif

Aww, Blooie
hugs.gif
I bet those girls will be breaking boys' hearts in no time.

Kenny says the first time a young man comes to pick Katie or Kendra for a date (and he says they WILL pick them up, at the door) he's going to stick out his hand, say, "Hi, my name is Kenny and I've got no problem going back to prison!" The boys will be like
bow.gif
!!

Kenny says the first time a young man comes to pick Katie or Kendra for a date (and he says they WILL pick them up, at the door) he's going to stick out his hand, say, "Hi, my name is Kenny and I've got no problem going back to prison!" The boys will be like
bow.gif
!!

My friend at work has a huge gun safe in her foyer. She 'conveniently' unlocks it and opens the door wide. She informs all new fellows that if he breaks her daughter's heart, he gets to pick the gun he will be shot with......

My husband feels that way and I tell him "absolutely not!".

My daughter is not a prize to protect. She's not property. She's a human being and I TRUST she will have the judgment and ability to stand her own ground, if not, she's not ready to date. My sons will be raised the same. Women aren't dainty little figurines that need their protection and they're not something for daddy to hide behind glass and to give away some day. They deserve respect, boy or girl. I expect my children to treat others as they wish to be treated themselves and to know to walk away when they are to being treated right. Self defense classes will be taken, by all of them. That doesn't mean the boys can't hold a door open, but so can a girl. Johnathan already holds doors open, he loves doing that.

That said. I am not about to let a young teen go on a date with someone I don't know. I am glad to take the whole flock of them somewhere and let them have fun, but there's no reason for them to be alone at that age. Now, once I get to know the kid, he or she's been over to my house a couple of times, had dinner with us etc. Sure, take my kid to the prom. Hope you have fun, don't be back too early, me and dad enjoy the quiet time. Don't drink. If you drink, for the love of all that's holy don't drive. I will come get you. I will probably chew you out and proper punishment will be in place, but being grounded beats being dead or killing someone else.

My husband will realize that's how he grew up. His parents were everyones parents. They were the band chaperones, they were the house with the pool where all the kids hung out. They knew every single one of his friends (and therefor all of the girls he'd date). When his mother passed away last year, the pall bearers were those boys he grew up with: the fellow band kids, a few cousins that had actually lived with his parents at the time.

Alright, putting my soap box up for the day
tongue.png

Kids will only grow as responsible as you let them be.

My husband feels that way and I tell him "absolutely not!".

My daughter is not a prize to protect. She's not property. She's a human being and I TRUST she will have the judgment and ability to stand her own ground, if not, she's not ready to date. My sons will be raised the same. Women aren't dainty little figurines that need their protection and they're not something for daddy to hide behind glass and to give away some day. They deserve respect, boy or girl. I expect my children to treat others as they wish to be treated themselves and to know to walk away when they are to being treated right. Self defense classes will be taken, by all of them. That doesn't mean the boys can't hold a door open, but so can a girl. Johnathan already holds doors open, he loves doing that.

That said. I am not about to let a young teen go on a date with someone I don't know. I am glad to take the whole flock of them somewhere and let them have fun, but there's no reason for them to be alone at that age. Now, once I get to know the kid, he or she's been over to my house a couple of times, had dinner with us etc. Sure, take my kid to the prom. Hope you have fun, don't be back too early, me and dad enjoy the quiet time. Don't drink. If you drink, for the love of all that's holy don't drive. I will come get you. I will probably chew you out and proper punishment will be in place, but being grounded beats being dead or killing someone else.

My husband will realize that's how he grew up. His parents were everyones parents. They were the band chaperones, they were the house with the pool where all the kids hung out. They knew every single one of his friends (and therefor all of the girls he'd date). When his mother passed away last year, the pall bearers were those boys he grew up with: the fellow band kids, a few cousins that had actually lived with his parents at the time.

Alright, putting my soap box up for the day
tongue.png

Kids will only grow as responsible as you let them be.
I don't think the boys would take it badly and the daughter would feel good that her daddy was saying in his own way that he cared about his daughter and was looking out for her. A Southern thing. A joke but not a joke at the same time.

Quote: Yep, I agree, it shows the boy/girl that there are others out there that care 100% about her/him, not that she/he is property and not to be taken advantage of. To be honest I wish my dad had done that. I was a good kid but at 13-25... my decision were not always the best. It would have been good to feel like my dad thought I was worth fighting for.

Hey everyone! Hope y'all are doing well!

Love the pics that Blooie posted of the girls, so heart warming!

PS don't get me wrong my dad is a great dad and thinks us kids (3 girls) are perfect, he just never told the boys that.

Last edited:
PS now this is the definition of good parenting!

I don't think the boys would take it badly and the daughter would feel good that her daddy was saying in his own way that he cared about his daughter and was looking out for her.  A Southern thing. A joke but not a joke at the same time. 

Thank you topdycke! I am glad someone understood my statement.

..............geeeeeeeeesh

Back
Top Bottom