The Funnest Family activity E V E R!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bragabit, Apr 17, 2009.

1. bragabit

bragabit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Southern Utah
    So we have this very large horse trough with our 13 baby chicks. Ranging in age from 3-6 weeks old. We decided that our babies were old enough to try some live worms. So we went and dug up some real beauties and gathered the family to watch. Whoooaa that was the coolest thing ever. First off the chicks instantly knew that worms are a highly desired item. It was so funny to see them run like mad and play keep away. We started tossing worms in there so that everyone could get a treat and some of the buffs would get one and just run in circles not knowing what to do. Even my little 3 weekers got some worms and ran like mad. It was so cute once and a while one of the little ones would pick up a glade of grass thinking it was a warm and run like mad and all the other chickies would follow thinking it had a worm. It was so fun my kids love it and want to do it again tonight.

But I am not sure, how often can they have worms?

2. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Worms are a great sorce of protein and young chicks need protein. I think feeding them worms a few times a week could not hurt them at all. In nature worms and insects are a big part of their naural diet.

This sounds like a great family fun time activity. Thanks for sharing your story!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by