The "get to 1,000 pages before 12/31/12" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey is anyone else attempting to grow their own mealworms? We are doing it as part of a science experiment for the kiddo's. I don't thinks I'll have enough for the chickens though.

Well you buy some live meal worms.
Take a plastic container and drill some holes in the lid, You'll want one you can see in. I used a plastic shoes box.
Put some wheatbran and oats in for the base and place a few carrot pieces in and viola. Just put new carrots in when the old ones shrivel up dry.
Change the container once a year by pouring through a sifter, save the leftovers for a few weeks bacause new worms may emerge. But in new meal mix and keep going.
You can keep them anywhere it doesn't get too hot or cold inside. I found a bunch of youtube videos about it.

Well I thought a useful one on occasion like growing meal worms would be fine :p

duc.gif

Well you buy some live meal worms.
Take a plastic container and drill some holes in the lid, You'll want one you can see in. I used a plastic shoes box.
Put some wheatbran and oats in for the base and place a few carrot pieces in and viola. Just put new carrots in when the old ones shrivel up dry.
Change the container once a year by pouring through a sifter, save the leftovers for a few weeks bacause new worms may emerge. But in new meal mix and keep going.
You can keep them anywhere it doesn't get too hot or cold inside. I found a bunch of youtube videos about it.

Cool!
Thanks for the *yummy* info! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom