the gilstrap farm

bentenmanfann

Chirping
Jul 4, 2021
hi, my name is Ben and i am in high school, i joined byc in july of this year and i see people making these kind of threads and i wanted to make my own, and i have a dream to be a chicken farmer when i get out of school and i have some chickens now and i created this thread to tell about my "farm" and how it is developing, i am at school right now but when i get home i will take pictures of all my animals and tell y'all their name and what they are and i would like to share my current projects and ask y'all for advice. thank you for viewing this thread and hope you have a great day!

I am sorry I will not be able to post the pictures until tomorrow because my trio of yellow golden pheasants got out of their pen because the door broke and we’ve been looking for them all day but we have a almost gave up hope, but I left food and water there for them if they decide to come back. This thread may be bad luck lol

update on the pheasants- we got home from diner pretty late and my two femails were in the pen but my male was no wear to be seen and he wasn't anywhere this morning either, we suspect that he may have got eaten by a hawk or cyote because he is bright yellow

Update on the pheasants- my grandma trapped my male in a smaller pen after she got home and not I have all my Phesants back in their pen and I am going to fix the door when I get out of school

31F3D322-20D7-449F-A421-C5D484D83BED.jpeg
This is my mystery chicken wegot for free from someone we met in tractor supply and we don’t have a name for it yet but I think it’s a black australorp

3160A918-5163-4AC3-A44B-7A3EDE3EF991.jpeg

This is my Mille fluer duccle chick it is the only one that hatched out of 21 eggs it doesn’t have a name but it is definitely one of my favorite chickens

i am so sorry i haven't been posting more pictures, i have just been so busy preparing for fall and winter that this hasn't been on my mind, but i am going to try to post more pictures this afternoon, and i have some sad news, my mille fleur d'uccle chick passed away, we are not sure what happened to it, we think the other chicks were picking on it but like i said we are not sure 😭

Back
Top Bottom