The Great Adventure begins!

TheBajan

Songster
Mar 18, 2018
Davisburg, Michigan
Hello!
After several years of wanting to get some chickens (we thought 4 would be ideal), my husband and I were finally able to take the plunge and came home with 21 baby pullets from TSC yesterday. A week from today we will be heading out to a local small farm to pick up six Lavender Orpingtons (straight run). Our current babies are 6 days old right now. We have 5 Light Brahmas, 5 Buff Orpingtons, 5 Australorps, and 6 Ameracaunas. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. We moved last September into this house with 10 acres and a pole barn. We have a few other pets.... dogs, a cat... but no other farm animals. I'm excited to start a small garden this year for the first time also.
Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself.

G’Day from down under TheBajan :frow Welcome and Congratulations! :clap

LOL “4 would be ideal” and “came home with 21 …” plus “pick up 6” Chicken math strikes again! :lau

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has a Learning Centre, Articles and Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out. Lots of great discussions for 'newbies'.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Best wishes and good luck!

Hello!
After several years of wanting to get some chickens (we thought 4 would be ideal), my husband and I were finally able to take the plunge and came home with 21 baby pullets from TSC yesterday. A week from today we will be heading out to a local small farm to pick up six Lavender Orpingtons (straight run). Our current babies are 6 days old right now. We have 5 Light Brahmas, 5 Buff Orpingtons, 5 Australorps, and 6 Ameracaunas. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. We moved last September into this house with 10 acres and a pole barn. We have a few other pets.... dogs, a cat... but no other farm animals. I'm excited to start a small garden this year for the first time also.
Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself.
Welcome to the family! :frow
Congratulations on your new adventure! You definitely dove right into chicken math head first! :clap
Glad you joined us and I hope you enjoy your new family members and BYC!:love

:frow

1277560-95d007d9fc91325e0b077872c401e20a.jpg.gif

sSig_welcome4.gif

Back
Top Bottom