The Great Chicken Conference

ruth

Life is a Journey
12 Years
Jul 8, 2007
Woodville, MS
The great chicken conference is just about to begin in my backyard courtyard.

Rex and Morris are keynote speakers.

conference2.jpg

conference3.jpg

conference1.jpg

conference4.jpg

It's hard to tell from the pics, but they were lined up all the way around.

Hubby came out, saw me taking pics and said "Did you line them all up like that?"

Yeah, right - like that would have worked. "No, they're waiting for the great chicken conference to begin."

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah - they've started gathering there daily now. Kind of looks like a scene from Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds".

Quote:
Yeah - they've started gathering there daily now. Kind of looks like a scene from Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds".

i'd also watch where i sit, too...

Quote:

i'd also watch where i sit, too...

Or walk. I was telling DH last night that we need to start closing the many gates to the backyard and shed and carport area because the chickens have taken over and where there are lots of chickens, there is lots of poo and I'm tired of it being everywhere. They've got many acres of farm they can roam - there's no need for them to literally camp out on my back steps.

But.....I guess they love me and want to be close when I open that door and step outside with the feed buckets. They are making a mess - big time. Need hip boots these days just to walk on the brick walkways in the backyard. I spend an hour daily hosing down the walkways and sitting/eating areas in the backyard.

mine like to take siestas on the round iron table on teh front porch. they all gather in a circle facing the center as if playing a game of poker. i just had a great idea for a new painting.

Back
Top Bottom