The Gulf spill and it's wildlife.

The whole situation is just--- so overwhelming. It's hard to try to wrap one's brain around all the effects this situation will have on wildlife that we don't even know about yet.

hu.gif

Just seeing all of those animals covered in oil breaks my heart.

I heard on the radio this morning that BP is going to buy around 32 of those machines that Kevin Costner was working with. But, it will take several weeks for them to start building, and then they will build 10 per week. They said it wouldnt be until august until they can start using them. So that means the oil will keep gushing out until then?
somad.gif

Quote:
I heard on teh radio that there were a bunch of those machines already built and ready to go. They were waiting on gov't approval, I think. It was an interview of one of the Baldwin actors by Rush Limbaugh, about 2 weeks ago.

Quote:
I heard on teh radio that there were a bunch of those machines already built and ready to go. They were waiting on gov't approval, I think. It was an interview of one of the Baldwin actors by Rush Limbaugh, about 2 weeks ago.

I dont know. What I saw online was that BP sent a letter of intent to order 32 machines, but still havent paid for them yet.

Found it

Two days after the actor testified on Capitol Hill about a new technology's potential to separate oil from water, Gulf of Mexico pariah BP ordered 32 of the centrifugal separators that were developed in part thanks to $25 million from Costner.

"In a matter of weeks, we can be manufacturing 10 of these a week," John Houghtaling, Costner's chief partner in Ocean Therapy Solutions LLC, told Louisiana radio station WWL. "So we're hoping by the first of August to have all 32 of these things in the Gulf."

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b185556_bp_onboard_with_kevin_costners.html#ixzz0qqcjBMLM​

Last edited:
Quote:
I have to ask, What would the oil be doing if they didn't have the machines made? This is also not the only thing BP is doing to stop the oil spill so no the oil will not just keep pouring in. In fact an estimated half of the oil already is not still pouring in. From what I have heard in the last 24 hours what oil is still leaking is coming from hundreds of small leaks rather than a few larger ones. I think it is just sick as all get out to look at BP as the problem or the cause of the problem. They are a company providing a product that people demand. When you see those oil soaked animals, look at yourself as to the reason that oil was being drilled for in the first place. Until you are ready to give up every single item in your life that oil provides. then those animals are dying for the things you are not willing to live without.

BP IS at fault... noone else..
They did the drilling..they NEEDED to know how to stop something like this if it happend.... they NEEDED to be able to control what they were doing..or they should NOT have been drilling in the first place.
I do understand that accidents happen.(i'm not blaming BP for that)....but if you are a responsible company you NEED to be able to handle any problems like this....not figure it out as you go along... while our enviroment is being literally destroyed ...
Thats why they make me so sick.. and it just keeps being allowed. This will happen again...

Quote:
The US Government is the one who controls how they (BP) drill that they did not have proven technology in place ready to be executed is the reason we are seeing what we are seeing. Things that are mechanical or electrical ARE GOING TO BREAK this is a FACT of life you plan around this fact and you do not have the problems we are experiencing. The US Government need to admit their wrong doing and get out of the way and let the experts fix their screw up. politicos know nothing about engineering problems or solutions!!!

If it was faulty equipment or accident is pretty much a moot point now, there will be plenty of time for finger pointing you can bet on that. The problem is the depth of the well and the damage done by the explosion. There is no telling how long it will take to stop it, from what I know it will be from the relief wells they are drilling around it, the cap is just collecting some. This will ruin BP and they will go under, no comapny has pockets that deep - you watch. Then who pays for the clean up?

Steve

Quote:
The US Government is the one who controls how they (BP) drill that they did not have proven technology in place ready to be executed is the reason we are seeing what we are seeing. Things that are mechanical or electrical ARE GOING TO BREAK this is a FACT of life you plan around this fact and you do not have the problems we are experiencing. The US Government need to admit their wrong doing and get out of the way and let the experts fix their screw up. politicos know nothing about engineering problems or solutions!!!

It is true that it was the governments decision as to where BP could drill for the oil, they were forced to drill in deeper waters making repairs in an emergency extremely difficult when the permits were being applied for the well to be drilled in much shallower water.

I think we should wait until all the evidence comes in before we grab our pitchforks, torches, and hot tar and feathers. As long as we exist and use resources there will be disasters. It is just the way it is, and always will be. We must do everything we can to prevent, and react to and learn from our mistakes. I hardly think BP INTENTIONALLY set about to cause this disaster, but I can think of some people who would, and I find it odd on the timing of the break. May just be coincidence, but then again Richard Nixon was no coincidence.

Right now we need to focus on damage control and recovery, a lot of anger energy should and could be channeled by volunteering to save the wildlife.

Back
Top Bottom