The Gulf spill and it's wildlife.

Quote:
I have to ask, What would the oil be doing if they didn't have the machines made? This is also not the only thing BP is doing to stop the oil spill so no the oil will not just keep pouring in. In fact an estimated half of the oil already is not still pouring in. From what I have heard in the last 24 hours what oil is still leaking is coming from hundreds of small leaks rather than a few larger ones. I think it is just sick as all get out to look at BP as the problem or the cause of the problem. They are a company providing a product that people demand. When you see those oil soaked animals, look at yourself as to the reason that oil was being drilled for in the first place. Until you are ready to give up every single item in your life that oil provides. then those animals are dying for the things you are not willing to live without.

BP should have had a whole buch of plans, etc. for what to do if something like this ever happened.

They are a company providing a product that people demand. When you see those oil soaked animals, look at yourself as to the reason that oil was being drilled for in the first place. Until you are ready to give up every single item in your life that oil provides. then those animals are dying for the things you are not willing to live without.

Exactly and very well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think about that as you type on your plastic (made using oil) keyboard.
smile.png
Scary thought when part of the problem looks back at you in the mirror.

Steve​

Last edited:
Quote:

smile.png

Steve

That has nothing to do with being responsible for your mistakes though..
I could care less about the drilling..but what i WANT is for them to KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING...incase something like this happens again..
Thats all...i dont think that people are asking too much...
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Quote:

smile.png

Steve

I could care less about the drilling..but what i WANT is for them to KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING...incase something like this happens again..
idunno.gif

What do you heat your house with in New England, gas or oil?.

Steve

Quote:
idunno.gif

What do you heat your house with in New England, gas or oil?.

Steve

LOL..i KNOW what your saying Steve. I get it.. i really do.
But what i am saying is... i dont care if they drill, i KNOW that we need oil..(i said that in my last post..)..
But.. what i want is for them to be responsible when they DO it... I want them to KNOW how to stop a spill if it happens..
Know what i mean?
And we use oil up here to heat...
gig.gif
But because its so expensive we are going to supplement with wood next year... (hopefully)
We have the wood stove already, hubby just needs to hook it up to our heating ducts system somehow... (that will be his Fall project..
cool.png
)

Last edited:
Redhen it is the government that decided where they drilled. There is considerably more risk to drilling in mile deep water than in water that is accessible. Where is the anger at the government for forcing such a stupid location?

I am sure that BP did not plan the accident or the leak and would like very much without making it worse to make it stop. After all they are losing money and will for years afterward. Don't think if they knew it was going to happen they would have not let it? You have to realize that poop happens. It always has and it always will, the problem is we do not know what it is until it happens. Even if all the human race stops using oil tomorrow or ceases to exist bad stuff will happen. Or we can blame BP for the demise of the dinosaurs while we art at it.

Real shame we do not hold the media to the same standards, after all them and the treehuggers are just as responsible along with the politicians for the location of the well.

I believe BP had several plans in place they tried to use immediately controlled burns and dispersants ,that the gov demanded they drill in mile deep water and have no proven technology ready in place to use immediately is beyond insane to me . i did not mean to come off sounding so loud red hen.

Geeez, my blood pressure goes up just from seeing the word "dispersants".

The dispersant use is classic powers-that-be idiocy. If you can't *see* the oil, then everything's fine, right?
Of course, once dispersed, it keeps right on with the poisoning of critters and the ripping-out of food web tiers.
But it's ok! You can't see it on the beach!

I mean really, clean up a toxic spill by adding another toxic substance?
Paaaah.

I'm not one to boohoo at sob stories on the news, but the images of dying wildlife are beyond words and I have been moved to tears by many of them.
While I agree that the culpability lies mainly with BP, I think we all share some responsibility in this. BP doesn't drill for their health, they drill for the oil that we all buy.

Back
Top Bottom