The guy who doesnt like chickens.

wbruder17

Songster
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Portland, OR
Yea right! The guy that didn't want chickens in the first place. Then after building me an amazing coop....AND adding on a second run for them....
The coop:
59865_img_0603.jpg

He PRETENDS he doesn't like the chickens...
59865_2011-07-13_20-39-05_757.jpg

But who is sitting in his lap this fine evening???
59865_2011-07-13_20-39-37_922.jpg

NOT ME! Its Cleo! Our favorite little OEGB.

love.gif

Compliments on a beautiful coop- job well done Mr. Non-Chicken-Lover... -___- (we know you secretly have a soft spot for them)

gig.gif
my wife is in the same boat...didn't like chickens, nor understood why I wanted to keep them...now she has declared that we are keeping her fav even if it's a roo! lol

That's great! Nice coop
thumbsup.gif
Similar situation here. My husband Brought up getting chickens and when I brought home the chicks he was stunned. He complained half way through building the Coop/run but suddenly, he became softened by them. Making sure it was 100% predator proof, going to our garden to bring back lettuce for them to eat out of his hand...lol oh men
love.gif

DH was the same way. the old'They are JUST chickens..." bit. he built me the tajma hall just as well. "its for YOU not for them". yea, right. i catch him smiling at them now once in awhile, putting a hand out to them. MR. HE MAN. yea, our guys are softies with the birds, they just dont want to admit it.
smile.png

He's a softy! He loves animals. The kind of guy that will stop his bike in the middle of a ride to pet a cat. He will cross the street to pet a dog tied up waiting for its owner. He has become the self proclaimed Chicken Herder, with his long pole that he waves around to help me corral the girls back home. He has crawled under blackberries to catch a chicken that was traumatized. He is always wondering "would the chickens like to eat this?" He thinks the ducks are HYSTERICAL.

He just likes to complain about them. "YOU'RE chickens are destroying the garden again!" "YOU'RE chickens are digging up my burm again!"

Haha. He's the best!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom