The Hatch has Begun!

foxrfarm

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 13, 2011
Medina, MN
I am very excited that my chicks have begun hatching! I have 24 "viable" eggs in the incubator with two hatched out already. It is very difficult to resist taking those little cuties out of the bator - but I know better! These guys are Olive Eggers (French Black Copper Marans roo x Ameracauna hen). I also have some Aracaunas and a couple of other mixes coming. Thought I'd share a couple of photos!

bbethea104

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 4, 2013
Wetumpka, AL
YAY!!!!
celebrate.gif
Congrats on the cuties!!! I can't wait till mine hatch...Day 19 for me today and they started wobbling..Im hoping that means that the pipping will begin soon
jumpy.gif

foxrfarm

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 13, 2011
Medina, MN
Thanks for the encouragement! Hopefully, yours have started to hatch now. I ended up with a 62% hatch rate, which I am happy with for my first time. Already getting ready for my next group! Please share your photos and experience!!

bbethea104

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 4, 2013
Wetumpka, AL
Thanks for the encouragement! Hopefully, yours have started to hatch now. I ended up with a 62% hatch rate, which I am happy with for my first time. Already getting ready for my next group! Please share your photos and experience!!
No, mine haven't even pipped yet
barnie.gif
but I have seen 7 in the past two days wobble...today, one has been wobbling all day long and really hard wobbles too....Did all of yours wobble before they pipped? I have not seen all mine wobble. We have 12 in the incubator. I know that some can hatch a day or two late so I am just constantly looking into the windows waiting for something to happen LOL
pop.gif

Top Bottom