The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Kipp sat next to him slowly sipping at his soup, shooting Fred uncomfortable glances.

----

Chion, who was now a completely different person with an odd head wrapping, stared raptly at the two, waiting for them to say something. This whole time she'd been sensing some kind of tension between the them, and now that she could theoretically understand, she wanted them to hurry up and talk.

----

Kipp set the empty bowl down making as little sound as he could, anxiously biting the inside of his lip and studying the worn smooth table top. He didn't know what to say, today was the first time Fred had spoken to him in days with out yelling at him, but now it seemed like he was still annoyed by his presence.

"Hey."
“Why are you wearing dirty toilet paper on your head? That’s disgusting,” Noah asked the boy next to him. At least, that’s what Ashira’s dress ripped to strips looked like.

Kipp gave him a tired smile, shrugging.
"Why wouldn't you? I guess." He muttered his eyes growing distant. For the majority of people he'd met hate had been the default. Though he should have known that with this group that wasn't the case.

Kipp frowned after Take not sure what he was planning. He'd only just noticed the injuries he had recieved. Take had been there longer than he thought he'd been by judging from the fact that he'd barely healed. He'd also likely been whipped more than once.

He sighed looking away regretting even more his inability to control his emotions.

"Yeah, you're right rushing isn't going to work. And having a back up plan to what ever it is Take 's doing is a good idea too."

Kipp shrugged looking down at his own ripped and dirtied clothes. He'd left his sweater, and judo clothes behind in the forest.

He shook his head in answer he doubted there was anyone they could ask for new clothes.

Kipp wiped a hand across his tired face, work was going to start soon and he still hadn't eaten anything. He gave a short wave to the small crowd that had gathered around him and got himself a bowl of broth before sliding into a seat next to Fred.
“I’m gonna get something to eat too,” she said to the others. “They’re probably gonna put me back in that God forsaken workplace.”

Fred jumped about a foot in the air, “Kipp? Oh hi.” Fred smiled at him “sorry I didn’t even realise you’d sat down. I’m working on escape plans”
Am I that invisible?
Kipp looked down at the notebook, not really reading what Fred had written, just looking at the words on the page.
"Hm." The small sound he used to acknowledge Fred's statement was barely audible, and could have been mistaken for him breathing out loudly.
Maybe he was really, really focusing. Maybe there's nothing going on. You're just imagining things. You need sleep. It's all in your head. He told himself, trying to push away the lingering sadness. Kipp forced a small smile looking up at Fred.
"You got anything yet?"

“Why are you wearing dirty toilet paper on your head? That’s disgusting,” Noah asked the boy next to him. At least, that’s what Ashira’s dress ripped to strips looked like.
"Huh?" Chion turned to stare surprised at Noah. "I don't have toilet paper on my head!" She said dramatically, pointing a finger up at her head. "It's a disguise." She whispered loudly. "I'm Chion." She grinned realizing she was understanding him easily and some how just seemed to know how to talk back to him.

"Huh?" Chion turned to stare surprised at Noah. "I don't have toilet paper on my head!" She said dramatically, pointing a finger up at her head. "It's a disguise." She whispered loudly. "I'm Chion." She grinned realizing she was understanding him easily and some how just seemed to know how to talk back to him.
“You can speak English?” Noah asked. “You’re name is Chion? Interesting, I know another Chion...” he looked around searchingly, trying to find the blond girl. “I can’t seem to find her though. You should meet her.” But Chion’s a girl name, because Chion is a girl. Why would he have a girl name?

“I’m gonna get something to eat too,” she said to the others. “They’re probably gonna put me back in that God forsaken workplace.”
She left the group and got a large bowl of soup and some of the stale bread. She sat close enough to the group that she could see and hear them, but far enough away that it wasn’t too suspicious.

“You can speak English?” Noah asked. “You’re name is Chion? Interesting, I know another Chion...” he looked around searchingly, trying to find the blond girl. “I can’t seem to find her though. You should meet her.” But Chion’s a girl name, because Chion is a girl. Why would he have a girl name?
"I can now since I'm a linguist." She said happily. "Oh, no, I'm Chion." She looked around suspiciously eyeing everyone around them. "I'm a mimic." She whispered again trying to not let anyone else hear but him.

She left the group and got a large bowl of soup and some of the stale bread. She sat close enough to the group that she could see and hear them, but far enough away that it wasn’t too suspicious.
How much longer is this lunch going to last? Are we going to have to have the same jobs as last time?

Take came upon the doors of the transformation room, and picked up his sword that he carelessly left on the floor the other day. He barely spent any time actually guarding said room since he spent most of the time being troublesome with the guards. Take was definitely not their favorite person to deal with at this point, and he had only been there for a few days. He came up to the massive wooden doors and put the blade of the sword in his teeth as he lifted the plank that barred them shut from the outside. He leaned the plank against the wall and creaked one of the heavy doors open with a hand, peeking into the quiet and dark abyss of the sanctum. Before entering, he gave a glance back into the hall to make sure there was no one nearby. His eyes adjusted to night vision, and he was allowed to see how wide and empty the space was, except for what looked like an operating table in the center. He shut the door behind him, creating a low squeal that bothered his ears. Shut up you freaking door... Entering even further, Take was only able to hear the sound of his own breathing and footsteps that echoed off the ceiling. The operating table wasn't modern or spectacular in anyway, it was completely made of metal and looked steam-punkish. He set his sword down on the table, assuming he wouldn't have to use it in here. What was the reason that he decided to come here? He hoped there would be instruments that he could use to aid in their escape, but he didn't know what to expect in a 'transformation room'. So far, there was nothing that could be of use, until he investigated even further on the other side of the room, finding a cabinet that held small bags of a powdery, glittery loose particles. He didn't dare to bring it directly up to his face when he assumed it could be the sleeping powder. Gotta take one of these suckers.. He put the small bag in one of his pockets and started down a vast tunnel. His eyes widened when he noticed at the end, was a light, an opening to the outside world. Take fastened his pace from a walk, to a jog, and finally a run, hearing the sounds of a whistling wind growing louder with each step. When he reached the end, he was brought upon the sight of mountain ranges and dense clouds hovering up in the sky ominously. It wasn't exactly what he was expecting, but he was glad to see the outside world again, no longer in the stuffy closed spaces of the Dakrium. A smile formed on his face as he stepped out on the cliff, a breeze flowing through his choppily cut hair and tickling his skin. He just wanted to stand out there forever, taking in the sights and bask in the sun if it ever shone through. If only Blair was here to see this... His smile slowly faded away, his peaceful daydreaming coming to an end as he remembered the situation he was still in. I think I can get the kids out through here.. His eyes scanned the sides of the tunnel entrance, looking if it was safe enough for them to scale down. There was definitely some large sturdy rocks on the mountain for them to hold onto, but it was incredibly steep, and risky. These kids will be able to go down this.. right? Thats when Take heard the creaking sound of the doors deep within the room, his head snapping to the side, gazing down the tunnel and letting out a harsh curse under his breath.

Am I that invisible?
Kipp looked down at the notebook, not really reading what Fred had written, just looking at the words on the page.
"Hm." The small sound he used to acknowledge Fred's statement was barely audible, and could have been mistaken for him breathing out loudly.
Maybe he was really, really focusing. Maybe there's nothing going on. You're just imagining things. You need sleep. It's all in your head. He told himself, trying to push away the lingering sadness. Kipp forced a small smile looking up at Fred.
"You got anything yet?"
“Nope” Fred huffed
“Wait. You talk?! We were stuck in a cell together for ages and you never once spoke to me” Fred stared at Chion.

Back
Top Bottom