The holi-daze are coming...joy

Just lock me in the basement from the first sign of Christmas paper (that was AUGUST this year) until Jan 2nd. And my 50th is in November, so it'll be an extra special time of year. UGH!!! Maybe if DH did something to help...
And, no, going out shopping Dec 24 is NOT helping. BTW, his birthday is Dec 23.
Double UGH.

Quote:
I bet your grandma's got nothing on my husband's. She likes to pretend she is dying because she can't live another year without her husband (he passed 5 years ago). So for the last 3 we have ended the day at the hospital because she is having a heart attack without him, which always turns out to be a self induced panic attack. It makes for a merry Christmas
roll.png

LOL!! Well, honestly, I'd take that over the "I wish our family would just get along" crying stuff she does. We don't get along with my uncle so well, you understand family problems, and she doesn't really respect our decision on that.
roll.png

Hhandbasket--
lol.png
Hah!! I was thinking about that!!

Peaches- I think we should get together and compare holiday horror stories! Haha! After reading about some of the family issues a lot of us have I bet we could find some doozies on here
gig.gif
lau.gif

stoopid-
ep.gif
August?! They didn't even wait for the worst of the summer this time? I hate that! And I think your husband may be related to mine, he waits until the 23rd to go shopping for everyone in the family at the same time
smack.gif
I do my family as early as I can since my gifts tend to be homemade combined with store bought parts. I tried doing that with his family and I noticed most of the stuff in the trash before we left the next morning
rant.gif
So now he does his family alone and as late as possible. And happy early 50th!

Quote:
So says the one who LOVES to buy me gifts at Christmas and keep it a surprise for months
hugs.gif
I think I should at least help with the chopping cause as slow as she chops, we might not get Christmas dinner until New Years
lol.png
hide.gif

maybe it's because I'm not christian But I like christmas and feel no stress over it. I also observe yule and solstice along with christmas, and I dislike thanksgiving.

I enjoy Christmas a lot, especially the yummy food. I don't like halloween...to dark. Nothing good about it except candy which isn't good for you anyways. Thanksgiving is nice, I looove yams with melted marshmallows on top for thanksgiving
droolin.gif

I'm not a huge fan of Halloween or Thanksgiving, except they give me excuses for trying out lots of sugary recipes. Thanksgiving is also right in the middle of National Novel Writing Month season, which bugs me because I cannot get any writing done for at least 2 days.

However, Christmas is such a joy to me, and it's not simply because of the gifts. It's another excuse for baking, the atmosphere is oddly joyful and happy around that time, the weather is great and full of snow, and, I'll admit, it's kind of fun to just go see what everyone is offering in their stores.

Back
Top Bottom