The Honey Factory

I have decided to feed them sugar water, for now.

I hope they move it down to the frames and fill them with sugar water. I will give them a chance to survive, if they can store enough sugar water.

I can probably feed them for 6-8 more weeks. I am going to use a heavier than normal ratio. Instead of 1:1 I am using 2:1.

I should have put the winter bottom boards on yesterday, I forgot. So today I will take the hives apart, pottying off the bees again. I will put heavy closed cell styrofoam under them then the winter bottom board. As it is could to freeze tonight, I decided the screen bottom season is over.

I debated taking the concrete blocks out from under them and setting them on the ground. But that could invite rodents. Unless one of you tell me soon why I should set them directly on ground, they will stay on blocks all winter.
My bottom boards are built so the closing board slides in and out for easy removal or for putting it back.

I thought about combining them.
I was going to put them one on top of another with a inch spacer between them so they could help heat each other.

Even though your only a state south of me, your winters are probably 8 weeks shorter than mine.

I am considering feeding them heavy sugar water and hope they store it for winter.

or sending them to bee heaven early.
Do you need to borrow a can of raid? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😎😝😝

My bees have two inches of closed cell foam below them now and feeders above them. They should be happy.

I have a feeling the Jeweled Queens daughter made a bad choice in mates. I think she mated with some Guys from a bad area.

I know their not African guys, as it’s too cold up here for them to survive. At least that’s what I read.

The bees in that hive are smaller than my Sasquatches are, and were in that hive. They seem a little darker also. They are not friendly at all. I opened the lid and about 50 million rushed me. Yes, I used smoke.

Even yesterday they had a worst attitude than the other hive.

I know I am a failed novice beekeeper, but I think they crossed with Italians. I have friends and acquaintances that are Italian, most of them are smaller in size, darker in complexion are very aggressive and want to fight over any perceived wrong.

These bees act the same way, look the same and are impossible to reason with.

The other hive of Sasquatch’s are doing great, friendly, larger and Easy going.

Last edited:
My bees have two inches of closed cell foam below them now and feeders above them. They should be happy.

I have a feeling the Jeweled Queens daughter made a bad choice in mates. I think she mated with some Guys from a bad area.

I know their not African guys, as it’s too cold up here for them to survive. At least that’s what I read.

The bees in that hive are smaller than my Sasquatches are, and were in that hive. They seem a little darker also. They are not friendly at all. I opened the lid and about 50 million rushed me. Yes, I used smoke.

I know I am a failed novice beekeeper, but I think they crossed with Italians. I have friends and acquaintances that are Italian, most of them are smaller in size, darker in complexion are very aggressive and want to fight over any perceived wrong.

The other hive of Sasquatch’s are doing great, friendly, larger and East going.
You don't think your little queen might've been surfin' "Queens & Drones" and hooked up with some dark, handsome foreigner named Ivan or Boris or maybe Vladimer...?

The other hive of Sasquatch’s are doing great, friendly, larger and Easy going.
My Italians are lighter colored than the Saskatraz and very mild mannered.

Back
Top Bottom