The Honey Factory

Irritated I think?????

Quite possible. Would a skunk push the hives or just eat them from the front?
Hives that are being attacked by a skunk can become very irritated. Skunks will scratch at the hive entrance to get the bees to come out. This is one reason to elevate hives and not have them at ground level.

I am guessing very dead...

I picked my bees up a day early and the feed was gone in 24 hours. Any delay and they would have all been dead.
Theoretically package bees are given enough sugar water to last for one week. My guess is that these bees were packaged and shipped one week ago today. This does not bode well for a Monday delivery.

79F09B2F-0C6A-409B-91AA-06A16C09666A.jpeg

This is how I found them. It wasn’t as open as I thought when I could get to the east side of the hive for a good look.

But something managed to knock the weight off and move it a tad. I might have to change to a cinder block. That weight slides too easy.

They were much happier when I got the hive locked up. However, they were not as grateful as they should have been when I fed them.

Still no idea where the bees are. UPS says they will be delivered tomorrow afternoon during the upcoming snowstorm. Currently 51°F. Three to six inches of snow predicted between now and tomorrow night. Tomorrow's high is predicted to be 29°F.
Holy smoly. Do you have a person who can take care of the bee's. Pick them up, maybe spray sugar water until you can leave work hoping they are alive.
I hope my delivery this week goes smoother.
I believe I have to pick mine up from the post office and my wife will be able to do so if I'm busy.

Back
Top Bottom