The Honey Factory

I'm jealous. My wife was telling me about someone in Tulsa who caught 3 the other day.
Me 0 after 4 yrs. I did move 1 trap the other day that was next to a house that's had them in it for 3 years that I know of. I knew it was to close but it's was the safest spot to put it.
If you stick with keeping bees and learn how to raise queens and make nucs you wont want to even bother with swarm traps and cut outs. You'll be able to make more bees than you need.

I'm jealous. My wife was telling me about someone in Tulsa who caught 3 the other day.
Me 0 after 4 yrs. I did move 1 trap the other day that was next to a house that's had them in it for 3 years that I know of. I knew it was to close but it's was the safest spot to put it.
Bees love old comb . P.utting a frame of drawn comb in your trap helps .

I removed the empty queen cage from the Saskatraz hive. When I hived the original bees I only let them have the bottom hive body which they had for a week and a half before the replacement package arrived. When I added the replacement package with its queen, I added the top hive body and put the queen in there.

I could have removed the upper body today since all of the bees have moved into the lower body. Between the survivors from the original package and the very healthy second package, there is a good body of bees in the hive.

I checked on the two Italian hives and both are spread between the upper and lower bodies.

It is a cool day and I closed the hives up just in time. It started to rain right after I closed the last hive.

No bees were hurt during the process and no one was stung.

I removed the empty queen cage from the Saskatraz hive. When I hived the original bees I only let them have the bottom hive body which they had for a week and a half before the replacement package arrived. When I added the replacement package with its queen, I added the top hive body and put the queen in there.

I could have removed the upper body today since all of the bees have moved into the lower body. Between the survivors from the original package and the very healthy second package, there is a good body of bees in the hive.

I checked on the two Italian hives and both are spread between the upper and lower bodies.

It is a cool day and I closed the hives up just in time. It started to rain right after I closed the last hive.

No bees were hurt during the process and no one was stung.
Not even one bee got its foot squished?

I may have a new queen taking a mating flight . I been quiet about this split . I only used 2 frames but one had a capped queen cell . Saw at lest 6 drones at the front . 30 minutes later almost no bees . :fl
DSCN1062.JPG

Back
Top Bottom