The House Chicken

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Opa, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I have a blue andalusian that I hatched from eggs that I got from chickenlisa. I hatched 4 out of 6 for my first hatching attempt. Due to my ineptitude I was down to 1 when the weather turned cold. We decided to bring her into the house rather than loose her as well. Now she is 18 weeks old and doesn't have a clue as to what other chickens are. I thought I would try to acclimate her gradually to being with the other chickens and I still don't want her to be in the coop at night with sub freezing temperatures. So I have been taking her out for a few hours and putting her in the run with the other birds. She stays away from the others and as soon as she sees me comes running. Today as soon as I opened the gate to the run she flew up onto my shoulder. I think she doesn't know she's a chicken.

[​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG][/img]

2. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    They look nice to me

3. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    She's pretty.

My Audrey is that way. I have watched the flock from the upstairs window and she is just chillin with her friends. But the minute I go out there she is pacing the run fence. I open the door and she hops out and takes off to the house. [​IMG] She loves being inside with her human family.

4. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Very pretty girl!
    Be careful or you will end up with this...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Missouri Maiden

Missouri Maiden Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Southwest Missouri
    She's really pretty, she reminds me of a cow we had that thought it was a person...long story short we had to get rid of that cow [​IMG]

6. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

They are both really beautiful!

7. marytoast

marytoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    Just wondering..... How do you keep your chicken from leaving little "surprizes" everywhere? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by