=-( The house was so...so...QUIET! Missing them!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jenni22776rn, May 15, 2011.

1. jenni22776rn

jenni22776rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    [​IMG] All of my baby chicks are now outside for good..This was my first year raising baby chicks and after having 28 in my house since feb..first 17 baby rescue chicks then 1 week after they were all outside I had 11 more..and yesterday..they spent their first night outside!! This morning..my house is so quiet![​IMG] I just tore down their little inside coop and put it away...they just grow up so fast!! That spot by the pellet stove looks so empty...anyone else go through the withdrawls of having the chicks inside? I miss the peeps in the morning and the running to greet me. [​IMG] ..oh well..guess I will have wait until next year! [​IMG]

2. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    I am not quite there, but see how it can change... AS soon as I put out our first 6 we had 2 more, now 17 more [​IMG]
    When the 17 came in, we moved the 2 one week-old to the bathroom and I missed them so much, that we brought them back...
    They have been excellent big sisters to the new 17.
    It will be sad when they are all outside because with them inside we just sit and watch them all the time.... once they go out, we don't get to see them as much [​IMG]

Maybe you need a "house chicken" [​IMG]

3. Ceilismom

Ceilismom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    NW South Dakota
    I think the only cure for your problem is

Buy an incubator to fill in the empty space!

4. jenni22776rn

jenni22776rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    Quote:

5. MamaHynne

MamaHynne Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Green Cove Springs
    [​IMG] Oh honey, I know what ya mean! Mine went outside to stay for the first time last week. It's tough, but it also warms my heart to see how happy they are to see me! [​IMG]

6. zoo357

zoo357 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2011
    NW Indiana
    I know just how you feel but I still have Rhode Island Red chicks (the 2nd round) in the house and I have to make a trip to a feed store tomorrow that I hear still has a few chicks so.........It is fun to see them grow and how quick they change.......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by