The "I have no patience and I WANT EGGS!" thread

TheRidingLibrarian

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 26, 2009
Fellsmere, FL
Couldn't resist! Who is else is just bursting at the seams waiting for the first eggs from their first set of babies? I have 15, a mix of EEs, Cochins, Polish, a Phoenix, and a Cuckoo Maran (I think) i got from the McMurray. They are 19 weeks old this week. I can't believe how much they have grown and how beautiful they all are!!!

C'mom chickies!!!! Mama wants breakfast!!!

I am impatiently waiting too… though mine still have a little while to go. I have 3 gold sex links and 3 EE’s that are 13 weeks old then 4 black sex links and 4 gold sex links that are 10 weeks old. The youngest 1 california white and 2 buff orpingtons that are 8 weeks old.

Wow I still have about 12 weeks to go before I can even get hopeful. I can't wait to gather my own eggs. I don't think that the thrill ever weres off. My kids and I still love to gather grandma's eggs. Good luck getting those hens to lay!

I think I've been so patient because I have a pen of BO and EE's that are currently laying.

However on the other side I have 6 EE's and EE mixed pullets that are 16 weeks old, and 3 cuckoo marans pullets that are about 8 weeks old. I know we're not far off, but I still need to build some nest stations...and yes, I'm actually starting to get a little excited sorta, but they're my babies and it's funny that I haven't looked at them as my future egg providers, I pet and play with them mostly!

I am also waiting - I have a few girls checking out the nest boxes and sometimes they like to hang out in there. To dull the pain of waiting I got myslef a few year old hens that are already laying. It helps, but I will still consider "my" first eggs to be those of my girls that I raised from chickies. I can't wait!!!!
barnie.gif

I've got two Girls "on the verge". I had high hopes yesterday when Lucy (isa brown) went into the coop and jumped in the nest box. She stayed in there for a good 20 minutes, fussing with the hay (even laying some on her back...), turning around in circles and clucking softly to herself. I was so disappointed when she jumped out and went about her normal chicken business without leaving me an egg. I do get a kick out of making them squat and giving 'em a good butt rub, just to watch 'em fluff and shake it off...

Back
Top Bottom