The Incubator Thread

Does anyone have any advices for if I should incubate my eggs or but them under my to-be broody hen?

Last edited:
I like incubating eggs, but putting them under a broody is definitely easier! No worries about power failures, humidity or temperature ups and downs...
And watching a broody with chicks is great.
And integrating chicks into the flock is much easier if they come with a mom that is already part of the flock and will protect them.

I like incubating eggs, but putting them under a broody is definitely easier! No worries about power failures, humidity or temperature ups and downs...
And watching a broody with chicks is great.
And integrating chicks into the flock is much easier if they come with a mom that is already part of the flock and will protect them.
OK thanks

Hi, I have a new Genesis Hovabator. I test ran it for a few days to check temp and humidity, then added eggs. On day 10, the fan became noticeably louder. Does anyone know if this is normal, or do I have a fan/motor issue??

did it work okay for beginner incu? What was your hatch rate and what were your issues with it?

My hatch rate was about 50% the only thing I didn't like was the temp changed to much when I got my hovabator where I wanted it I didn't have to touch it again the hovabator I got was only about $10 more than the one at tsc

Back
Top Bottom