The Joys of Owning Imported Orpingtons

They are sooo beautiful! My daughter just started her 4-h project this year with blue Orpingtons!!! She bought a trio! They did amazing at show (unfortunately just not quite fully developed for the show- he wanted to place them purples but they ended with blues). She loves them, we hatched out 23 chicks (then we lost our rooster, he ventured too far from coop). Now we are trying to brighten the blue and darken the marks around the feathers! She wants to get a black rooster!

Wow the pictures you guys have! I wish all colors were accepted at our show - gorgeous!

She loves her Orpingtons temperaments, so quiet and gentle even though they are quite large! I have always hated chickens (since my grandma sent me out to collect eggs when I was four and got attacked by her mean bird)! I have come to enjoy her orps as well!

They are sooo beautiful! My daughter just started her 4-h project this year with blue Orpingtons!!! She bought a trio! They did amazing at show (unfortunately just not quite fully developed for the show- he wanted to place them purples but they ended with blues). She loves them, we hatched out 23 chicks (then we lost our rooster, he ventured too far from coop). Now we are trying to brighten the blue and darken the marks around the feathers! She wants to get a black rooster!

Wow the pictures you guys have! I wish all colors were accepted at our show - gorgeous!

She loves her Orpingtons temperaments, so quiet and gentle even though they are quite large! I have always hated chickens (since my grandma sent me out to collect eggs when I was four and got attacked by her mean bird)! I have come to enjoy her orps as well!
Glad to have you join us. Always nice to hear about the new generation interested in something close o our hearts,
Vivi

Good evening everyone. I hope the weather is fine in your part of the world. So as we approach the winter months lets not forget to change our feeding regimen up somewhat. Lets keep it interesting for the birds so they will venture out into the sunshine in the cold to get the needed sun shine. Cabbage with apples attached to it sparks their interest or fresh green hay. Boredom causes many self inflected problems as well as cannibalism. Also, I would encourage a person to become familiar to what is not appropriate to feed a chicken. You would be surprised sometimes.
VIVI

Back
Top Bottom