The Joys of Owning Imported Orpingtons

And here is his girl

Here's my girl Bella. She is 17 weeks now and getting huge! I wish she had come out of the run so I could get better pictures but she truly is a "big chicken". She doesn't like stepping over the few inches of fencing! It doesn't slow anyone else down! She really is a goof ball. Often decides to sleep on the floor of the coop instead of getting up on the perch. Just has her own ideas of what is scary! One of my daughters would love to show her in 4H but she gets so worked up that she ends up panting so I'm thinking it might not be good for her!

2nd picture doesn't show her face well but you can see a bit more of the iridescence in her feathers

something got both of my show quality black orpington american hens and 2 lavenders

at least i have 3 babies from the american black orp mama with my english roo...

:'(

I found this picture on juststruttinfarms.com and it said Mr. T and said it was one of marc sacre birds and i can honestly say this bird IMO is the closest thing to perfection as an English Orpington can get although there exceptions that i have seen on this thread and the birds i have here at home. This is the kind of bird i want to breed towards

something got both of my show quality black orpington american hens and 2 lavenders

at least i have 3 babies from the american black orp mama with my english roo...

:'(

i like to get on craigslist & buy up all the cheep used chainlink fencing i can
1 section i got was rusty so i got a paint roller & now it looks brand new
beef things up in your run & coop
glad to hear that you still have 3 chicks
can we get a pic?
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom