1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Ladies

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Torch404, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Torch404

Torch404 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Northern Cali
    I'm about a month into the world of chicken keeping and nothing too bad has happened yet. Knock on wood [​IMG]

Certainly learned a few things it's fun. The ladies are two brown sex-links and a silver lace wyandotte they should be about 5-6 months old but no one has laid yet. The sex-links wattles/combs are getting pretty red. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The two sex-links I can't tell them apart, except that one is banded on the right leg and the other on the left. Their temporary names are righty and lefty.

[​IMG]
    Looks like lefty and Lacey our silver laced with a very original name [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here is Lacey up close. She has been very friendly since I got her and was the first to warm up to me. Although she's kind of bossy toward the other two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's Righty she's has really warmed up to me. I think she realizes I bring the food and the worst she gets is held while my DD pets her.

No decent pictures of Lefty as she is a bit of a spaz (her other temporary name). She is still really flighty and will not easily let me catch her.

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Nice pictures. Beautiful chickens and gorgeous green grass!!! We still have snow in our yard! [​IMG]

3. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    I love you SLW --they are beautiful and I agree--I like that green grass..Dixie

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Nice chickens! I was mesmerized by the grass, too! [​IMG]

5. Torch404

Torch404 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Northern Cali
    It snowed for the first time in about 20 years this year. I'm right on the coast so no snow touched down here [​IMG] It just becomes a dust bowl in the middle of summer and rains the rest of the time. But it was the first day of spring yesterday...you should all get your grass back soon!!! [​IMG]

6. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    The first cold weather veggies can be planted here in about a month. I'm getting ready to start some things inside this weekend.

I really enjoyed your photos. I'm looking forward to my girls getting to walk through lush grass again, looking as happy as yours do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by