The letters are out...

beakkeeper

Songster
13 Years
Jul 20, 2008
I've sent out the letters asking my neighbors for permission--send those happy chicken vibes to st. paul, MN!!!
fl.gif
I think I can get permission from most...
hmm.png

I believe everyone should have the option to have chickens. No different than having the option of having cats or dogs.
old.gif
Good chicken vibes your way and good luck!
pop.gif

Sorry guys, your awesomeness didn't wear off on them.
hit.gif
About 24 hours after I sent the letter, I got a rather condescending response. The next door neighbors said very succinctly that chickens were NOT welcome at all. I really didn't care what they said; it's just that now, even if I did get permission from the others, I would feel very guilty getting chickens. Haven't heard back from the others, but pretty much that door is closed, locked, and the key is thrown away.
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

They told me that maybe I should try to "go in on it with someone else" and see "see what this involves". I don't think they really understand--these were to be MY chickens. I'm pretty much defeated now...this is not something I can just let go of. You guys have got me HOOKED!!! and it's really hard to break an addiction like this.
love.gif

Thanks for the support, but I'm afraid this is very near the end...
sad.png

speckledhen, I need permission from 75% of neighbors within a 150' radius. So, there are about 11 people I need to ask ( I'm on a corner and so I don't have to ask across the street)

These people are afraid of what they don't know about--they think I'm irresponsible, that I'm still a child. I am extremely hurt by this...
hit.gif

I'm sorry to hear that. I know how you feel. The last house we lived in, someone called animal control on us, and had to give up our babies. Luckily here, so far, so good. I, like you, live on a corner, and our next door neighbors do know of our little flock, because my 10 year old daugther likes to blab.
tongue.png
I pray every day that no one turns me in. Let me tell you, I will go to city hall, and see if they'd let me purchase a permit or something, I don't want to give up my babies. I saw that in USA Today, about a year ago. Maybe that will work?

Back
Top Bottom