The life of the Xan clan clucks

Ladyxan

Songster
Aug 10, 2019
Iowa
Well, husband and I agree that we need to be out in the rural area again!! 😃 Chicken math is eating away at me and he’s finished with neighbors you can almost touch. Anyways...

My neighbor had this wooden gate leaning against his chain link fence and I asked what he was going to do with it. He asked if I wanted it and I said yes, please. He said he’d been meaning to ask if we would like to have it, but we’re never outside at the same time. It is definitely better than the corrugated plastic that has been the gate since last fall when the girls moved in! I had to trim a section off to make it fit, plus replace a slat and might need to replace another one, but I did it!! Very easy to take apart and put together. The only thing I would change would be the wood. It was not treated, so it’s slightly brittle, but it will do for now. The gate also swings and has a really sturdy frame. I’d definitely buy the frame if I needed another gate.
7A7A3B97-04EC-4C4A-B4B5-F65648950323.png

F36FF556-841C-4DEE-AEE7-ABC4E26CD199.png

Yep, it’s Pennie! 😆 Speaking of Pennie, I need peepers/blinders/glasses for her. She is chasing and pecking the babies still. 😖 I keep finding Gallina’s tail feathers and I’ve seen her chase and peck them. This morning I pulled Pennie’s butt feather when she started to chase the girls. She pulls, I pull. If I’m out there and I say Pennie no or Hey, be nice, it deters to a degree, but it’s not long before she is doing it again. She seems to chase Evey more than Gallina, but catches Gallina’s butt feathers more easily since they stand straight up. Evey is also a lot smaller and faster for now. So I looked at TSC and mine doesn’t carry them. I went to Amazon and they want you to buy more than a dozen and I only need one pair. I might just pay the $9.50 for 6 pieces since I found another Gallina tail feather when I got home from grocery shopping. I also dislike that when she chased Evey, Evey usually heads for the bags of cans that are piled next to our front door and stays there most of the day. They always act like they are starving once they get to the coop. I feed them a little and Pennie and I visit for a while. Good time spent with Pennie! I’m also trying to teach them that when I kiss, I want their attention. They now know to look at my hand to see if there are any worms. 😆 Unfortunately, Pennie eats faster than they can realize what I might have and she startles them. Multitasking isn’t easy with a teen and two toddlers. 😂

Updated pics of my girls..
1544BF2B-D596-45F4-B6D5-BC91F8F9B5A6.png

Wish I could figure out how to insert video. I have one video of Evey trilling and one of Gallina beeping. :love

Back
Top Bottom