The Little Red Hen Gets a New Beak

DavidandRuth

Hatching
Dec 20, 2015
Hi folks. We just joined because this site answered our question about how long a hen can retain viable sperm. Great site.

By way of introduction, here's a little video we made. Hope you enjoy it.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If the embed code doesn't work here, try the direct link.

Cheers.

David and Ruth in Nanaimo, B.C., Canada

Hi folks.  We just joined because this site answered our question about how long a hen can retain viable sperm.  Great site.

By way of introduction, here's a little video we made.  Hope you enjoy it.

If the embed code doesn't work here, try the direct link.

Cheers.

David and Ruth in Nanaimo, B.C., Canada

That was... Probably one of the nicest things I have ever seen someone do for their chicken. I love my chickens, and would do anything for them. I never thought about fake nail molds for a beak though! This is so sweet. I'll bet she is beyond happy with everything she can do, because it was given back to her after someone took it away. So, I'm giving you a great big welcome to Backyard Chickens! :welcome
This shows how much you love them. Many people would just cull them. Thank you for being one of those heartwarming people in the world that cares.

Last edited:
Oh gosh, that was one of the sweetest things I have ever seen someone do to their chicken. Debeaking is an inhumane practice and you have just given this little red hen what is rightfully hers - a new life in paradise. Those women at the nail salon were so sweet and they didn't even charge for giving the hen her beak back. I bet your little hen appreciates it somewhere in her little chicken heart. I would love to be of similar help to my chickens if they ever needed it.
I need to watch that video again!

Thank you for sharing the sweet video!
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for watching, and the kind comment. We love our chickens, and if I could stop debeaking I'd do it in a flash. Cheers.

What a wonderful thing to do for your little red hen. I hope this starts things in motion for others to take up the call and repair beaks for chickens. Of course it helped that little Red Hen was such a good sport about the procedure. It's just remarkable - . I would imagine over time it may need to be re-glued, or replaced if worn down. But what a great difference.

Back
Top Bottom