The longest wait...???

Almost 6 months here and not an egg yet. 1 BR, 1 Leghorn, and 1 RIR. I'm getting tired of buying eggs and Im about over these freeloading girls...
rant.gif

Last edited:
My BO were 28 and 30 weeks old
My EE were 30 and 32 weeks old..
My RIR were 26 and 28 weeks old..
My true Ameraucana was 31 weeks old
and my BR was 25 weeks old..

Oh, thank goodness I'm not the only one!! My girls are 30 (the 6 Araucanas) and 26 (the 3 Wyandottes) weeks old and we have yet to see an egg. I got the Araucanas in a group order with some other people and my friends that already had chickens got some. The chicks they got have been laying for a month! I wonder if its easier when there are older chickens to "coach" them?

I'm sorry for all of us waiting, but glad to know I'm not alone.
smile.png

My white leghorn mix was around 26 weeks old.

Two of my EE started this week, they are 26 weeks old.

I have two more EE that are the same age, and nothing. I have a SLW that is 27 weeks, and nothing.

I'm at around 23 weeks and nothing yet for me. Really glad to not feel alone. Everything has been going so well with raising my first batch of chicks I was wondering if I got a faulty batch of chicks.

I was starting to think it was something in our environment. Now I feel better.
My black sex link started laying the beginning of Oct. She was probably about 24 weeks.
MY RIR is 30 weeks and nothing. (what is wrong with her, she is the queen bird)
my EE were born 4-26, nothing
Frizzels and BO probably about 24 weeks now,
I guess I will keep waiting.

Once again -

3 gals (2 Orp/Del and 1 Orp/EE) 25+ weeks

3 gals (1 Orp/Del and 2 Orp/EE) 22+ weeks

I have faith in the egg fairy - one day, one day soon she will bless me with a beautiful (non store bought) egg!
fl.gif

carol

Back
Top Bottom