The McMurray Hatchery thread šŸ£šŸ¤šŸ„

Not a Bielefelder, Iā€™m gonna have to say EE, or what they sell as ā€œameraucanasā€. Maybe if you post pics in a few more weeks it will be more clear. Good luck!
Thank you so much I was leaning to EE. Because they come in so many varieties my ameraucana( I ordered that is also a EE to my understanding from research) has really puffy cheeks. But I will definitely post new pictures when all the feathers are in

I ordered chicks twice from them last summer and had very few losses, both large orders for myself and some other people here. I still have the three that I kept out of these orders, two white capped black Polish and one splash laced Wyandotte which will all be a year old in a few weeks and they are thriving. The other folks birds are also doing well. I have been quite pleased with McMurray and would definitely order from them again if the need arises. All three of the birds I kept are good layers with awesome personalities.šŸ˜Š
DBBC45EC-A961-4AFE-9DC7-4C2A7C7DA1F1.jpeg
40892147-FB04-43A3-AF6B-0BA64DCB891E.jpeg
6B29A831-AAEF-4540-BA84-9067A7607265.jpeg

Hey everyone,
Some of my McMurray chicks are 2 weeks and 2 days and some are 1 week and 2 days. I was wondering what age they can go outside during the day for little field trips. Iā€™m kinda worried about coccidiosis because my past flock got it and I lost 3 birds. What should I do? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks! :)
Are you feeding them medicated chick starter? If so I wouldnā€™t worry too much. They can go outside for a short ā€œfield tripsā€œ. Under observation of course.šŸ˜Š

Are you feeding them medicated chick starter? If so I wouldnā€™t worry too much. They can go outside for a short ā€œfield tripsā€œ. Under observation of course.šŸ˜Š
I started talking them out in the yard 1-2 times a day and they love it! I feel like it makes them friendlier towards me. I let them out with my gosling, who is living with my 2 week old bantam chicks, and he tries to honk at people when they get close to the chicks. šŸ˜‚ Itā€™s hot enough here where my chicks no longer need a heat lamp, and do just fine outside. I think Iā€™m gonna put them in the coop at 5 weeks and start letting them out of the coop shortly after that. Do you think this is a good time?

I love the picture of your Wyandotte. I got a BLRW as my free chick, but I think itā€™s a cockerel. Oh well, as long as all the roos get along then he will be staying. :)

I started talking them out in the yard 1-2 times a day and they love it! I feel like it makes them friendlier towards me. I let them out with my gosling, who is living with my 2 week old bantam chicks, and he tries to honk at people when they get close to the chicks. šŸ˜‚ Itā€™s hot enough here where my chicks no longer need a heat lamp, and do just fine outside. I think Iā€™m gonna put them in the coop at 5 weeks and start letting them out of the coop shortly after that. Do you think this is a good time?

I love the picture of your Wyandotte. I got a BLRW as my free chick, but I think itā€™s a cockerel. Oh well, as long as all the roos get along then he will be staying. :)
If it is warm enough at night, they should be fine outside, as long as they are fully feathered.šŸ˜Š

Back
Top Bottom