The Middle Tennessee Thread

Rhode Island Reds and Australorps are very good layers. I have Aussie hatching eggs but I'm not shipping right yet. I had 2 Aussies in my last hatch and one was male, the other female. My Orpingtons hatched out 2 roosters, 3 hens. So, it is likely you'll have close to 50/50

That is a Black Copper Marans x Ameraucana. Silver duckwing possibly with penciling.
I was wondering because I have one just like it but wasn't sure what he was lol.

I'm considering hatching out eggs for the first time. Does anyone have dark brown layer hatching eggs for sale locally? Blue laced red wyandottes?

I'm in murfreesboro.

If I were hoping for 4 pullets ideally, how many eggs would you set? I'd use a small Brinsea (which ever one can handle the number of eggs I'd need)

Not allowed to have roosters, what do you all do with yours? That's the thing that's kept me from incubating.

Thanks all!
(I am flexible on breeds. Want good layers, brown and dark brown eggs)

I have Blue and Black Copper marans and BLRW. Dark brown eggs can be harder to hatch for a first hatch so I would get 15 eggs local that way if you only get a few that don't hatch you will still get your 4 pullets. Both breeds are easy to sell..... my BLRW are from Jerry Foley.

Check the breeder list in my siggy to see what breeds everyone in middle tn has. I am getting about 20 doz eggs a week. ..... please save me from hatching
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom