The Middle Tennessee Thread

Donna are the Choc. Orps. LF or Bantam?
Tish I am so glad you got your Birds and Dogs back what kind of person does things like that what a scumbag!

Donna are the Choc. Orps. LF or Bantam?
Tish I am so glad you got your Birds and Dogs back what kind of person does things like that what a scumbag!

Large Fowl BUT might not be huge. The roo is not bantam but not big either.... the girls are looking like they will be bigger than him. The hens were huge.

I working on getting a bigger roo..... I don't do bantams really. Might not do any after this year. The Silver Penciled Wyandottes are still really more than I want to deal with..... Silkies.... not sure about them yet.

You have a roo and how many hens?

I don't have any HENS they are all pullets. I think I have 15 pullets. Roos..... I don't have my list with me but I have some younger Black Split Cockerels maybe 3-4 months old. I do have Black Eng Orp roos and you would get Split roos from the Choc pullets and a black roo. But no choc pullets till you grow out a split. My pens were set up to make sex links..... only choc pullets and I think I like that set up so I am selling all the choc. I have 3 mauve pullets I will keep.

So the split roo with choc. pullets would give me choc girls and split boys? This is new for me sorry.
Lets see....

Choc Pullets will only pass that off to the roos.
Split roo will pass it off to HALF of his chicks so
50/50 choc and black pullets
50/50 split and choc roos

I think I did that right. So if you get a choc roo and breed him to your choc and blacks you will get choc pullets 100% and some Choc and split roos.

I might can help with a choc roo sooner but right now I don't have anyway to make them.

Last edited:
I'm only keeping my Blue Orpington pullets and the blue cockerel is spoken for, leaving 3 Black Orpington chicks. Believed to be 2 pullets and 1 cockerel. The cockerel is HUGE and a very nice looking guy. $4.00 each. PM me, I can meet in Lawrencebug, Pulaski, or Summertown.

Yeaaaah finally convinced the hubby to get SLW.
love.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom