The Middle Tennessee Thread

Quote: I took them for over a year at that point my arm was so sore I had to ice it. I got 4 shots at a time (2 x a week I think). That was several years ago. If I continue to have issues after this surgery and when my life get settled down (yeah right) I would be willing to resume them. They use such a tiny needle it is no big deal. BUT if you have issues like I did tell them and they will cut the dose down till you get adjusted. They try to up it pretty quick but if that stuff happens they can lower it till your resistance is better. I was allergic to everything but sweet gum trees and 2 molds and something else. Cats, Dogs and the worst was Horses! Took me a week of steroids to get rid of that test.

I went out to Bonnie's again this AM. The "Welsummer" I got last week looks suspiciously like a brown Leghorn. Tiny little thing. When I sent a couple pics asking whether a mistake was possible because she is so petite and feathering at an astonishing pace, they said their inventory was off that day and they were sure I was right. So, I went out for the replacement Welsummer they said they'd set aside for me. IDK. I know there is variability but I've looked at a million pictures trying to find an example of ONE that looks like this chick. Let's just say that if it's actually a female Welsummer, I'll dance a jig and post it on YouTube. Just not feeling very hopeful about either breed or gender. DH will be furious if we made a special trip for a mixed breed cockerel. :(

Last edited:
I went out to Bonnie's again this AM. The "Welsummer" I got last week looks suspiciously like a brown Leghorn. Tiny little thing. When I sent a couple pics asking whether a mistake was possible because she is so petite and feathering at an astonishing pace, they said their inventory was off that day and they were sure I was right. So, I went out for the replacement Welsummer they said they'd set aside for me. IDK. I know there is variability but I've looked at a million pictures trying to find an example of ONE that looks like this chick. Let's just say that if it's actually a female Welsummer, I'll dance a jig and post it on YouTube. Just not feeling very hopeful about either breed or gender. DH will be furious if we made a special trip for a mixed breed cockerel. :(
It looks almost identical to our Partridge Rock chicks. *I didn't have pics of our chicks, so I borrowed a couple from a Google image search*

Last edited:
Anyone in middle TN raising silver spangled hamburgs? I got a young roo as an extra chick from McMurray last fall... He's free to a good home.

He's very active and hates to pose for the camera.

@GardenWren@DMRippy, Thank you! I wouldn't have thought of partridge Rock because it wasn't on the availability list yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the breed is all they got wrong. The legs look like tree trunks next to the spindles the Leghorn skips around on but possibly not too thick for a female Rock.

Hey there! New to this forum and new to chickens! I'm from Joelton, TN just barely outside of nashville on the north end! I'm excited to be here and start my family's chicken journey!

Back
Top Bottom