The Middle Tennessee Thread

oh no!!! why do you think that?? I looked at the wings and I could see two rows of flight feathers
idunno.gif

You can't feather sex EE.... it is his coloring .... here is a thread on sexing EE Roos are more showie and he is silver looking and they tend to be roos not pullets.

Only certain breeds can be feather sexed. My Marans can be feather sexed, but that is about it. You have to breed toward that and it is hard to get those genes in all breeds.

I have a friend here in sparta, tn who has several rabbits for sale she has the following.

wooly lops 20.00
neathland dwarfs 20.00
mini rex 10 for boys 15 for girls

She has very good animal. If you would like a phone number to contact here just send me a pm and I will pm it to you. I have brought animals from her for years and they are always from the highest qualty.

I found some dark Cornish hens I have no expereance with them Read they only lay 160-170 eggs a year, and are a cross from game birds. Anyone know how well they would mix with egg flock?

They are a heavy breed and altho a game type they are not real agressive. I have seen them mixed in with flocks before and there was no trouble. They are beautys!I'd say go for it!

Today is day 20 and I have chicks popping like popcorn.... 15 or so already.... lots of pips
celebrate.gif
6-8 EE, 2 Lav Splits 3 Blue Rocks, 1 Leghorn. Wheaten Ams and German NH have pipped
clap.gif

The last hatch was kinda a dud.... all those eggs and I only got 16 chicks... 2 have leg problems, but one is walking. The other is not even opening its eyes...I don't think it is going to make it.

Congratulations on the great hatch! I had a few Araucana eggs in the bator - Monday was day 18 & I ended up tossing all but one, and that little one hatched today. He'll be by himself until next week when I have some Swedish flower hens due to hatch.

Donna - that blue rock I got from you back in the fall should start laying any day now. She is beautiful!

Today is day 20 and I have chicks popping like popcorn.... 15 or so already.... lots of pips
celebrate.gif
6-8 EE, 2 Lav Splits 3 Blue Rocks, 1 Leghorn. Wheaten Ams and German NH have pipped
clap.gif

The last hatch was kinda a dud.... all those eggs and I only got 16 chicks... 2 have leg problems, but one is walking. The other is not even opening its eyes...I don't think it is going to make it.

Congratulations on the great hatch! I had a few Araucana eggs in the bator - Monday was day 18 & I ended up tossing all but one, and that little one hatched today. He'll be by himself until next week when I have some Swedish flower hens due to hatch.

Donna - that blue rock I got from you back in the fall should start laying any day now. She is beautiful!

Mine are starting to lay so keep an eye out!

I thought I would let everyone know that there is going to be a poultry show in Cookeville Saturday April 7th at the putnum county fair grounds. These are always a lot of fun. Last day to get your entry forms in if you want to show is April 3rd for more info on that please email David Rose at [email protected] , if you don't show they are fun just to set up and sell at (which is a $5.00 fee to sell) Or just fun to come and watch (which of course is free) I hope to see everyone there. It will be a lot of fun.

oh man sorry to hear that! If it makes you feel any better i got my barred rocks and wyandottes yesterday! I'll have pics soon
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom