The Middle Tennessee Thread

There has only been one at the Shelbyville TSC as far as I know. Several of us had chickens and/or chicks of various breeds. Lost of roosters! I had turkeys. There were white rabbits and I think a goat or two! Maybe some ducks too.....
If I go, I'll be taking exotic and mixed breed roosters, and chicks if I have any left by then. Possibly some turkey poults.....

MY Eng Orp laid and EGG
celebrate.gif
hubby found it. I will have to see one in her pen to confirm. I have never seen the roo even try to mount her. I came around her pen yesterday and she squated so I knew she was getting close. It is going in the bator. She is in the pen with a pair of SLW but they are really young. The only other bird is the Choc roo so we will see. I knew my Marans Roos in the next pen where REALLY EXCITED by her the other day.
tongue.png

Okay guys, it's been a long long while since I've been on here...had a lot catching up to do! I have a favor: any practical advice for a newbie with an incubator? I've had hens for two years now (strictly backyard flock for eggs and entertainment) but I think I'm ready to hatch some on my own. Yikes!!!

There has only been one at the Shelbyville TSC as far as I know. Several of us had chickens and/or chicks of various breeds. Lost of roosters!  I had turkeys. There were white rabbits and I think a goat or two! Maybe some ducks too.....
If I go, I'll be taking exotic and mixed breed roosters, and chicks if I have any left by then. Possibly some turkey poults.....

Will have to check that out - the kids would love it!!

MY Eng Orp laid and EGG
celebrate.gif
hubby found it. I will have to see one in her pen to confirm. I have never seen the roo even try to mount her. I came around her pen yesterday and she squated so I knew she was getting close. It is going in the bator. She is in the pen with a pair of SLW but they are really young. The only other bird is the Choc roo so we will see. I knew my Marans Roos in the next pen where REALLY EXCITED by her the other day.
tongue.png
YAY!! congrats Donna....now if only my other pullet will start laying!

YAY!! congrats Donna....now if only my other pullet will start laying!
Congrats Donna....my buff Orp finally and I mean finally started laying and my Dominique has started laying again....so I'm getting 3 a day out of 5....Silkie went broody and quit and RIR stopped in the fall and refuses to start again....I think this crazy weather is messing them up. Getting 3 chicks in April and ....fingers crossed....an Olive Egger from Donna if all goes well so I'm looking for a fabulous number 10 to add to make us complete....any suggestions? ( the three I'm getting are Columbian Wyandotte, Golden Lakenvelder and Salmon Faverole)

Congrats Donna....my buff Orp finally and I mean finally started laying and my Dominique has started laying again....so I'm getting 3 a day out of 5....Silkie went broody and quit and RIR stopped in the fall and refuses to start again....I think this crazy weather is messing them up. Getting 3 chicks in April and ....fingers crossed....an Olive Egger from Donna if all goes well so I'm looking for a fabulous number 10 to add to make us complete....any suggestions? ( the three I'm getting are Columbian Wyandotte, Golden Lakenvelder and Salmon Faverole)

My BBS Orps have finally started laying again after their molt! I am hoping my Buffs start laying soon. One is squatting.

I think you should get a BLRW... I adore mine. They are beautiful. :) Also mine lay almost everyday.

Back
Top Bottom