The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hello all. I'm also from Bethpage. Have just finished the coop, now need to get a run up and soon, as the gals and guys are now in the coop. I am working on a auto watering system and have a question. I can get a 15 gal. barrel that had a product called Barrier Dyne 10 in it. It is an iodine based product used as a teat dip on dairy farms. Can this stuff be safely washed from the barrel and not be toxic to the birds? I am new to raising chickens, and have to thank all those who started and post on BYC, as I have learn a lot from here. Thanks and keep up the good works.

Why is it some people have no concept of why things are done a certain way. The repairs on our house are almost complete. I talked to my wife about what was going to be done on the front porch. She was there when I discussed with the contractor what size everything would be, how the rail would be made. It's complete, looks really good. She hates it!!!! I don't & never will understand. Ladies, how does your brain work ? Why can't men & women speak the same language? Is there a common ground we can meet on? Aaaaagggggghhhhhh!!!!!! I'm so confused !!!

Please don't confuse this as an attack on the way women think. It's mearly the random rambleings of a tired husband , I just needed to vent thank you.

Last edited:
Why is it some people have no concept of why things are done a certain way. The repairs on our house are almost complete. I talked to my wife about what was going to be done on the front porch. She was there when I discussed with the contractor what size everything would be, how the rail would be made. It's complete, looks really good. She hates it!!!! I don't & never will understand. Ladies, how does your brain work ? Why can't men & women speak the same language? Is there a common ground we can meet on? Aaaaagggggghhhhhh!!!!!! I'm so confused !!!

Please don't confuse this as an attack on the way women think. It's mearly the random rambleings of a tired husband , I just needed to vent thank you.

LOL Troy-
I wouldn't expect to find much advice on that here, unless of course Chad decides to drop in.
lau.gif

WHAT !!! your wife is like that toooooo....
th.gif

Just put all 16 eggs on lock down.. when i put them in the hatching tray the eggs kinda settle together in the middle is it ok for the eggs to touch? or would it be better for them not to?

When eggs are under a broody hen, they're touching. It doesn't matter. If it bothers you, you can put them in egg trays to hatch. I've done that lots of times.

When eggs are under a broody hen, they're touching. It doesn't matter. If it bothers you, you can put them in egg trays to hatch. I've done that lots of times.
Thanks.. this is my first time incubating and was just wondering if it could cause the chicks trouble getting out.. i have seen several photos of chicks hatching with the eggs touching but was curious as to what others preferred.

TinTenn I often shake my head and think how life would be so good if rhe SAME words ment the same to my wife as they do to me.
Hoping my CLB eggs give chickens I like. The pic I've looked at range from "so ugly they are cute" to "my isn''t that interesting" read ya'll tomorrow.SOurhROuteCOunty

Back
Top Bottom