The Middle Tennessee Thread

Building coops is exhausting...
caf.gif

Hello everyone!!! I am pretty much new here and new again to chickens although I have been lurking for a few months for needed tips and advice. I did not know this thread was here!! It is so awesome to see so many people in Middle Tennessee in one forum!!

Guys i have some birds that need new homes.......free

I have slw roo about 6+ months old. He has a slight cross beak....very slight....just now saw it.

I also hace a black silkie i think it is a roo too. Has waddles but the other one the same age does not have waddles. He is more severly cross beaked but seems fine.

I also have a black eng orp with a crooked neck....hatched that way. Also seems fine...just slow growing. Probaly about months old but looks 5 weeks.

I also have hatched eggs running out my ears for super blue egg layers.... maybe about 5 doz. Just pm me if you want to come get some......i have some blue and reg barred rocks. They are not old....but too old to ship and i cant hatche anymore this week. I just set 150 eggs.
Any chance anyone would be driving from Nashville my way (Fall Creek Falls State Park is 16 miles from me) who would be willing to transport some of these hatching eggs??

My bator is empty & I've had a depressing string of losses the past month -- Copperheads got my Ame roo as I posted earlier, but also the wk prior lost a fantastic batch of month old chicks (Wheaten EE, a pair of SamFav, & a polish top hat) when the barn cats broke into the DH approved as safe divider wall in the main layer coop, then I lost my first ever hatched chicken, from NYDH got one great pair the roo was amazing Blue w/ copper (Maran x Ame) the DH took pics I was going to show off here, then the next day "Beaker" had a broken neck in the pen ??!! Then I found out the same night the 4 wk old Goose I had just reluctantly let the neighboor take to her new (very nice looking pen) also turned up w/ a broken neck that night - I guess both were new pen panic in the big storm casualties? Anyway, I'm having a depressing time this month w/ unexpected losses so if anyone happened to be making the drive who is enough of a "crazy chicken person" to transport some hatching eggs I could at least cheer myself up looking into the incubator and candling like a chicken addict ;>

I haven't got much to offer atm in trade for your time&gas -- 4ish mixed breed duck eggs (Buff Runner & Welsh H over Pekin), a couple of G.Lakenvelder Cockerals who get along w/ each other, or one of the burlap backpack tote bags I make, or some herb divisions I have true peppermint, other mints, feverfew, & a few others.

PM me if you want to try to work this out, then we'll see if DMRippy still has an overflow of SBLeggs available....

I have to rehome several buff bantam brahmas and would be willing to part a hen or two if someone will take my roos. Anyone interested?

Guys i have some birds that need new homes.......free

I have slw roo about 6+ months old. He has a slight cross beak....very slight....just now saw it.

I also hace a black silkie i think it is a roo too. Has waddles but the other one the same age does not have waddles. He is more severly cross beaked but seems fine.

I also have a black eng orp with a crooked neck....hatched that way. Also seems fine...just slow growing. Probaly about months old but looks 5 weeks.

I also have hatched eggs running out my ears for super blue egg layers.... maybe about 5 doz. Just pm me if you want to come get some......i have some blue and reg barred rocks. They are not old....but too old to ship and i cant hatche anymore this week. I just set 150 eggs.

Any chance anyone would be driving from Nashville my way (Fall Creek Falls State Park is 16 miles from me) who would be willing to transport some of these hatching eggs?? 

My bator is empty & I've had a depressing string of losses the past month -- Copperheads got my Ame roo as I posted earlier, but also the wk prior lost a fantastic batch of month old chicks (Wheaten EE, a pair of SamFav, & a polish top hat) when the barn cats broke into the DH approved as safe divider wall in the main layer coop, then I lost my first ever hatched chicken, from NYDH got one great pair the roo was amazing Blue w/ copper (Maran x Ame) the DH took pics I was going to show off here, then the next day "Beaker" had a broken neck in the pen ??!! Then I found out the same night the 4 wk old Goose I had just reluctantly let the neighboor take to her new (very nice looking pen) also turned up w/ a broken neck that night - I guess both were new pen panic in the big storm casualties? Anyway, I'm having a depressing time this month w/ unexpected losses so if anyone happened to be making the drive who is enough of a "crazy chicken person" to transport some hatching eggs I could at least cheer myself up looking into the incubator and candling like a chicken addict ;> 

I haven't got much to offer atm in trade for your time&gas -- 4ish mixed breed duck eggs (Buff Runner & Welsh H over Pekin), a couple of G.Lakenvelder Cockerals who get along w/ each other, or one of the burlap backpack tote bags I make, or some herb divisions I have true peppermint, other mints, feverfew, & a few others.

PM me if you want to try to work this out, then we'll see if DMRippy still has an overflow of SBLeggs available....

If i had known yesterday i could have filled your bator up lol

Sitting on the side of I40 now waiting for a tow truck....my tranny has gone out on my way to cookeville......ggggguuuuurrrrrr

Back
Top Bottom