The Middle Tennessee Thread

Thanks Connie!

I am just now getting to sit down for the day. I had to do a final cleaning of the new CHICKIE room..... that required cleaning a path to and from the room to where the other stuff is going. Moved the double oven, stove top and fan out....after we cleaned a new home for them. I used the steamer to clean the floor. The boys (hubby and son) unloaded all the feed from Wednesday's trip. We then Moved the Hatcher into its new home. That was easy. Got it warmed up and then I moved all the eggs from the incubator into the hatcher to keep them warm while we moved the incubator. THAT WAS A JOB! We had to take the WHOLE thing apart. It was too big to fit through the door so we had no choice. Took longer than I thought to take it apart and assemble it. Then I had to make sure it was running ok too. I am pooped!

GOOD NEWS! The hatcher is holding temp just fine even without the weather stripping. I do still have to do that but not as worried about it now. I left it running just to see but it never moved off 100 but cycles pretty quick. I like what I see so far.
Now I have to take a bath and hope I can get up tomorrow for church with the time change....
th.gif

Thanks Connie!

I am just now getting to sit down for the day. I had to do a final cleaning of the new CHICKIE room..... that required cleaning a path to and from the room to where the other stuff is going. Moved the double oven, stove top and fan out....after we cleaned a new home for them. I used the steamer to clean the floor. The boys (hubby and son) unloaded all the feed from Wednesday's trip. We then Moved the Hatcher into its new home. That was easy. Got it warmed up and then I moved all the eggs from the incubator into the hatcher to keep them warm while we moved the incubator. THAT WAS A JOB! We had to take the WHOLE thing apart. It was too big to fit through the door so we had no choice. Took longer than I thought to take it apart and assemble it. Then I had to make sure it was running ok too. I am pooped!

GOOD NEWS! The hatcher is holding temp just fine even without the weather stripping. I do still have to do that but not as worried about it now. I left it running just to see but it never moved off 100 but cycles pretty quick. I like what I see so far.
Now I have to take a bath and hope I can get up tomorrow for church with the time change....
th.gif
Whew!!!! I'm exhausted for you….LOL….bet you slept good that night. We cleaned out our coop and moved the run and got ready for the pullet and silkie in the small coop, then the whole family came for dinner. I slept like a baby and it was sooooo hard getting up this morning. I hate daylight savings time!

Come on by! I will be back in town on Sunday and plan to fire up the bator. Wait long enough and I'll have babies for you to play with. :)

Anne- I sent someone to you in reference to a Buff Silkie showable bird. PM me if you haven't heard from anyone on this thread in regards to that and I will give you names and details.

Please, please, please----need a buff silkie hen/pullet. I feel so deprived. Let me know what you have.

Thanks for the referral! Sadly, I am out of everything right now. I have a silkie sitting on about a dozen eggs so I should have babies in a couple of weeks. I can hook you up then if you can deal with tiny babies. :)

I could use some advice from the turkey people on here.
I got my first egg from my hen today. Yay! But I need to know if I should take it from her to incubate, or leave it for her to collect some to set on. I know they operate a little different than chickens and spring is their time of year to set on eggs.
I want some little ones bad, but I don't want to depress her if I take it away.
Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom