The Middle Tennessee Thread

My kiddo was lifeflighted a few weeks ago but we're finally settling down again. Then got MRI results that said the damage has spread- so I spent the afternoon coping by building a grow-out pen. My freebie chicks are closed up in it for now (ignore the cover, roof still needs tin) but the little run turned out decent. All scraps from the property, so it's our "Scrapyard Shanty."

My kiddo was lifeflighted a few weeks ago but we're finally settling down again. Then got MRI results that said the damage has spread- so I spent the afternoon coping by building a grow-out pen. My freebie chicks are closed up in it for now (ignore the cover, roof still needs tin) but the little run turned out decent. All scraps from the property, so it's our "Scrapyard Shanty."

I think of you often. I hope all is going well now. Nice job.

Thank you :) She's stable. They still don't know why/what, and it sucks having to tell a 3yr old that there's nothing you can do for her health- but she's a happy little girl. She's picked out one of the new chicks she wants to keep. Well, she always points and smiles, she doesn't really talk much at all. She loves the silvery one in the pic.
Thanks! I made one of the panels where I can slide it out to clean, and the top section folds over right against the coop so I can access their feed/water/etc as needed. There's nest boxes just in case it becomes a permanent fixture lol.

Hey would any of you be interested in a Mid Tennessee Back Yard Chicken T-shirt? I was thinking that at the meet-up at the poultry show in Dickson it would be handy for those of us who have never met face to face to spot one another.

Last edited:
Hey would any of you be interested in a Mid Tennessee Back Yard Chicken T-shirt? I was thinking that at the meet-up it would be handy for those of us who have never met face to face to spot one another.

I didnt even know you guys had meet ups! (newb)

Also had a question for anyone with D'Uccle Bantams... are they pretty easy to handle? I got my 6 yr old son 6 hatching eggs coming after the hatch thats in now.

I didnt even know you guys had meet ups! (newb)

Also had a question for anyone with D'Uccle Bantams... are they pretty easy to handle? I got my 6 yr old son 6 hatching eggs coming after the hatch thats in now.

There is a poultry show the 26h of April (Saturday after Easter) at the Dickson County Ag Center in Dickson. Many of us are going to show up there and see each other face to face.

Hey what a good time to swap Easter Hatch chicks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom