The Middle Tennessee Thread

I didnt even know you guys had meet ups! (newb)

Also had a question for anyone with D'Uccle Bantams... are they pretty easy to handle? I got my 6 yr old son 6 hatching eggs coming after the hatch thats in now.
They are a delightful breed of truly ornamental bantams! If you handle them a lot they get very friendly. I have been told they are super broody I currently have two in the brooder. I have only had one previously and it was a porcelain. These two are mille fleur and I hoping for a pair even though it would be a long shot. I only ever seem to get roos from TSC.

They are a delightful breed of truly ornamental bantams! If you handle them a lot they get very friendly. I have been told they are super broody I currently have two in the brooder. I have only had one previously and it was a porcelain. These two are mille fleur and I hoping for a pair even though it would be a long shot. I only ever seem to get roos from TSC.
Im getting 6 of each hatching eggs
Blue and Black French Copper Marans and Mille Fleur D'Uccle bantams. The bantams are going to be mainly for my 6 year old but being cute and broody would be awesome for me too.
My current chickens are way too big for my 6 year old to handle much and they are veryy flappy and dont really like being held much. The previous owner didn't baby them like i do lol

Hello all! I'm about 10 pages behind on posts, but hope everyone is well and happy hatching.

Question. I live south of Nashville and have 8 girls that are little over 6 weeks old. When do you think it will be safe to move them out to the coop? They have been inside because we do not have a garage or any other space to acclimate :/

Per my phone, not the most reliable weather source, after today we shouldn't be getting below 40 at night. We have been good, crazy busy and the girls have not been outside yet. I was hoping to get them out this week in the run for a few hours and move next weekend. I may keep them in the pacnplay brooder at night in the coop to be a smaller, warmer space.

Thoughts? Love y'all, mean it!!

Last edited:
Hello all! I'm about 10 pages behind on posts, but hope everyone is well and happy hatching.

Question. I live south of Nashville and have 8 girls that are little over 6 weeks old. When do you think it will be safe to move them out to the coop? They have been inside because we do not have a garage or any other space to acclimate
hmm.png

Per my phone, not the most reliable weather source, after today we shouldn't be getting below 40 at night. We have been good, crazy busy and the girls have not been outside yet. I was hoping to get them out this week in the run for a few hours and move next weekend. I may keep them in the pacnplay brooder at night in the coop to be a smaller, warmer space.

Thoughts? Love y'all, mean it!!

Once they are feathered, you can move them outside as long as the coop is enclosed. We had a small coop and used a standard 60 watt incandescent last spring when we moved ours out to their coop. It was just enough heat to knock the chill out and they did fine. Too often people add heat lamps and burn their coops down when the birds are pretty hardy once feathered. Think abour it, if you want a warm bed, you put a down comforter on it. They are pretty well insulated.

Mule Day in Columbia, Bell Buckle Moon Pie Festival, Tullahoma Arts & Crafts Fair, Walking Horse Celebration in Shelbyville, being able to drive across town in 5 minutes ... all reasons I miss Middle Tennessee!

Back
Top Bottom