The Middle Tennessee Thread

:welcome
We are neighbors... I live in White Bluff. What kind of bantam cochins are you getting? I found a lady in Ga. who sells hatching eggs for the mille fleur color pattern for 45 dollars per dozen, shipping included. I used to have a large variety of luckypickens from BYCs cochins, but I had to rehome them all a couple years ago. We had a frizzled mottle rooster that was awesome.
By the by, there will be a poultry swap/meetup of the members from this forum on Saturday, the 26th in Dickson. Unfortunately I won't be going because my son has a 4H event that day, but several people who post on here often seem to be going.

Its great to know there are other chicken people close by! I'm getting brown red and lemon blue bantam Cochin eggs. I can already tell that sticking to my goal of focusing on 3 breeds is going to be tough! I want a couple of everything!

The littles worked on perching on their ladder today. Still haven't gotten around to painting, finishing latch on top, or figuring out wheel system :/

TSC sells a wheel kit that should work.

so glad you shared. I Jerryrigged my own version. I started with a pringles can. Put a hole in the tin end big enough for my small flashlight. I then covered the lid with electrical tape to make it dark and put a hole in it. I did also cut the can in half so it was not as tall. It works well.

We just make a brooder from a shipping crate we bought.

I would be interested in a trio, what is the price?

I would like to get 30 for a trio.

Hello it's been awhile since I popped on here. I see East TN thread is still closed ;-(
Anyway I have an Olive Egger roo hatched in Oct 2013 named Rusty. Dad is F1 OE mom an Americana. He is cream with red wing patches and red mixed with cream head. His tail isn't full yet looks like blue is coming out of it. He is just learning to crow and sounds awful. He runs the yard with my small flock. But he is sneak attacking the hens while the Alpha roo is out of sight. The hens are losing a lot of feathers cause they fight back. So he needs his own girls! He is going to be a big boy. Rusty stands guard in the yard and calls when danger comes. He shares treats with the girls and calls them over like a good roo, but then they say no and he grabs them anyway. Can't blame a roo for doing what roos do. He is a little skittish but not aggressive. He will grab food from your hand then run out of reach. Guess my girl has caught him too many times. He is free to whom ever comes and picks him up. I have him in a brood box atm. I put him there last night and he isn't happy locked up. I can't post a pix of him cause I lost my battery charger for the camera on vacation last week. Still hoping it shows up. PM me if you want him. Thanks

Last edited:
Volunteer State Poultry Club is headquartered in Dickson! We meet monthly to talk chickens and plan shows. Our next meeting is tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. at the Fairgrounds in Dickson, in the Poultry Barn. You're invited to come join us! Our next show is April 26, also at the Fairgrounds. You can find details on our FB page, and if you have questions you can ask me!

Last edited:
Volunteer State Poultry Club is headquartered in Dickson! We meet monthly to talk chickens and plan shows. Our next meeting is tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. at the Fairgrounds in Dickson, in the Poultry Barn. You're invited to come join us! Our next show is April 26, also at the Fairgrounds. You can find details on our FB page, and if you have questions you can ask me!

I'm trying to get my dad to take me to the 26th show for my bday it's the 20th

Back
Top Bottom