The Middle Tennessee Thread

Keeping neighbors happy is key too….mine love our chickens and even bring kids over to see them so I always oblige….and I ordered half dozen egg cartons so I share eggs when they come by….also no roosters, the marans are loud enough when they lay their eggs….LOL

Many of our neighbors come by to visit the goats. All of them are very friendly and love to meet people. We have a couple waiting for the Pheasant pen to be done so they can visit them as well.

Last edited:
I have 8 Black English Orpington chicks for sell!

These are beautiful, quality birds but I dont plan to use any blacks this year in my breeding pens so I don't need these.

If you are interested in these chicks please message me here or E-mail me at [email protected]

Parents

Crazy busy day! I rushed to the DR for the 5 year old checkup.... than back to pickup some roos, home to change, then to pickup birds at the Post Office (he LOVES to call me at 6AM but I never hear it because my phone is in QUITE mode till 8:30 LOL. I keep telling him I am not that kinda farmer LOL.) Rush back to the farm unpack new birds (Jubilee Orps) then I start packing up my roos. Go to nashville unload everyone (2 orders too) go get lunch at 3pm meet first person for chicks..... wait ..... wait .... wait the roo guys didn't call anymore didn't answer my texts or messages.... I was STUCK with 60 roos at 4:30!
barnie.gif
My next customer I was telling her and she called a friend and he took 10 of the bigger ones so that helped. I called the next person that replied to my ad and he was willing to get them at 7:30....
celebrate.gif
He even offered to pay me some but he pulled my butt out of the fire so he got a totally FREE ride on those. They don't know what they missed. I had 8-10 Eng Orps in there some were Jubilee crosses some were choc splits Wyandottes.... Cuckoo marans, Barred Rocks, Rhodebars I don't even know what else LOL.... If I had sold them I could have made a few hundred dollars LOL. No time to HOPE to find roos homes.

Over all it was a good day but I HATE being pushed all day long..... we didn't really get anything much done on hubbies house so we will go back Friday to work some more.

I MUST move some birds tomorrow! I am getting so behind on chickens
barnie.gif

I got me a new Silver Penciled Wyandotte Bantam roo and he looks so nice! I can't wait to see what he produces in chicks.
celebrate.gif
I also got a NEW LF Choc Eng Orp roo today all the way from CA! He is about 1/2 way to breeding age maybe 4-5 months old. Now if I could just sell all the other Eng Orps or most of them. I do like the sex link thing with the blue and black girls though. I might keep a few of those black pullets and a few Choc and Mauves in another pen and use him in both pens. Hum.... I could use the black roo with the choc and only keep the black and blue pullets... that should help with size.

We have so many chicken projects we want to fix that would really really help keep up with chickens. I am seriously thinking about STOP HATCHING for about a month..... I would survive well maybe 30-60 a week....that is better than 120 hatching a week. I will figure something out.

Back
Top Bottom