The Middle Tennessee Thread

Thank! Yeah I'm hoping cute little chicks will help me convince them,also I've got a pretty good essay on why my family should get chickens that I'm hoping will beat my brothers essay (he is not as into the hole chicken idea as me)Yeah right now I could use all the luck I can get so thanks a million 1kluckchik cause boy do I need it.

Some of our beautiful Tennessee chicks. Thanks again @cree57i and @RavynFallen

I guess if I had of read further I would have known these are your Tennessee chicks!

Beautiful!
love.gif

Congratulations!

I have one broody coop. It was occupied by a silkie that hatched 3 Black Javas. Then a Cream Legbar goes broody, so I let her sit on whatever eggs are under her until I am ready to move the silkie and babies to main coop. I like to give chicks some time on clean ground before they are in the run with all the other to prevent cocci. (Has worked so far) So, 3 nights ago I decide to move them. I have a dishpan in all my nest boxes so that when
I need to move someone I can just pick up the whole thing and move to the broody coop. So I go out late and it's fairly dark, I reach in to grab the dishpan and think that wow this is heavy. Then I see that there are 2 CCL girls in the one pan. Didn't know which was which or if both were broody so I just put the pan in the coop. When I checked the next afternoon and tried to remove the eggs in favor of some Java and Silkie eggs it was difficult with two chickens pecking me. I finally just picked them both up and set them to the side and replaced the eggs. When I checked later one was brooding in the dishpan and one beside the pan and there were more eggs under the one on the outside than the on the inside. Funny chickens. But now that I have two broodies I added a few extra eggs to the one with less. Interesting to see what happens when they start to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom