The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hmmm........what are you doing tomorrow?
[/quote]

I have to head to Nashville tomorrow morning, but should be back in Murfreesboro mid-afternoon. PM me if you are interested.
They are still under heat, but if it ever warms up they can move out in another week or so.[/quote]
I'm in Murfreesboro and I don't think my PM is going through. If you're around, text me your address. 615-569-9473

I am having a great hatch!  FINALLY!  I have 2 vaporizers, 1 fogger and 2 puppy pads.  Humidity is NOT high but decent. They are still drying out some but I can get to them before they die.  I had SO MANY make it to lockdown I had to put 4 doz in the bator and add humidity.  Glad the bator was empty.  Now I have to set more eggs BUT I MUST NOT SET SO MANY!  Glad someone from church needs 8 doz eggs for a church event.  That will give me incentive to cut my numbers the next batch.  I put some up on the FB page.  I will be added more as they hatch and people let me know what they want. 

@RavynFallen
I am getting about 50/50 lavender and white (2 Lav Pullets, 2 White Pullets and 1 each cockerels but I think the white was the sire)

Glad you got a good hatch finally!! And nice run on the whites! :thumbsup

I have been working like a maniac on my second chicken house. The frame is wood from an old deck we had and the siding is from a seventy-five year old tumbledown shed. Most of the wood is oak. I have to trim a lot of dry rot off but the parts that haven't touched the ground are sound. These pictures are from last week. I have made much progress since then. I will try to get more pictures tomorrow or the next day.
Just on the left behind the ladder you can see the old shed that is supplying the skin for the coop.

I was thinking of getting rid of my ameraucana rooster because hatch rates last summer were abysmal. I set a full incubator of EEs and OEs to allow for a bad hatch. All but two hatched this time! I expected maybe a dozen. Ended up with 32. I think the rooster is just screwing with my head now...

I've been raising 3 hens for about 4 months (and a 4th for a month)...good to know there are other like minded people around. I have a Black Australorp, a Rhode Island Red, a Barred Rock and a Buff Orpington. BYC's in Donelson....who would have guessed.

I've been raising 3 hens for about 4 months (and a 4th for a month)...good to know there are other like minded people around. I have a Black Australorp, a Rhode Island Red, a Barred Rock and a Buff Orpington. BYC's in Donelson....who would have guessed.

Good For You!

I'm sure you aren't the only one in Donelson to have chickens. Have you gotten any eggs yet?

Back
Top Bottom