The Middle Tennessee Thread

I am going to sell a couple of pens of silkies. I put them up the Middle TN Chicken FB page. Or you can message me. I will put them on CL maybe tomorrow. I am going to Bonnies next week and I could meet you there if that would help.
Do you have any Lavender Marans pullets or chicks available? I live in rural Franklin and could pick them up or meet you?

Do you have any Lavender Marans pullets or chicks available? I live in rural Franklin and could pick them up or meet you?
Did you message me from CL? I only have some Lavender Split hens I am going to be selling but I first have to figure out which ones I am selling.

Did you message me from CL? I only have some Lavender Split hens I am going to be selling but I first have to figure out which ones I am selling.
Yes, sorry for the confusion. I am interested in pullet Marans. French Copper black/blue, Splash.

Hovabator Genesis is the best, comes with fan and digital controls... the 1602N I had good luck with too, but it's a still air...

Still running my old lg but I'm promised a new hovabator for Christmas this year. But I've heard from more than one person that duck eggs do better in a still-air. I've only done ducks eggs once and I had them shipped so I wasn't expecting a great hatch rate to begin with. I'll hang on to the lg anyway, but wondering if I should use it for duck eggs or just a back up?

Still running my old lg but I'm promised a new hovabator for Christmas this year. But I've heard from more than one person that duck eggs do better in a still-air. I've only done ducks eggs once and I had them shipped so I wasn't expecting a great hatch rate to begin with. I'll hang on to the lg anyway, but wondering if I should use it for duck eggs or just a back up?

If the LG isn't prone to killing temp spikes (like many are) use it as a backup, or even as your dedicated hatcher... incubate in the new one and just transfer for hatching, also makes doing staggered hatches MUCH easier...

I hadn't heard that with duck eggs... I use my Genesis or Leahy exclusively for my duck eggs, and neither are still air... good hatch rates too, barring other factors causing issues...

Last year I hatched 18 out of 23 shipped Call eggs in my Leahy, best shipped Call duck hatch ever!

If the LG isn't prone to killing temp spikes (like many are) use it as a backup, or even as your dedicated hatcher... incubate in the new one and just transfer for hatching, also makes doing staggered hatches MUCH easier...

I hadn't heard that with duck eggs... I use my Genesis or Leahy exclusively for my duck eggs, and neither are still air... good hatch rates too, barring other factors causing issues...

Last year I hatched 18 out of 23 shipped Call eggs in my Leahy, best shipped Call duck hatch ever!

I don't suppose you've hatched any chicks recently? I had a dozen eggs in the lg and only one hatched. ONE!? I want it to have a friend or two, it's peeping like crazy poor thing.

Back
Top Bottom