The Middle Tennessee Thread

I don't know how I missed it before but I caught a snippet on a previously recorded program that Poultry Hollow had a barn fire this month and lost almost every bird. And, the business wasn't insured so the payout will only be the 15K value of the barn itself.

I don't know how I missed it before but I caught a snippet on a previously recorded program that Poultry Hollow had a barn fire this month and lost almost every bird. And, the business wasn't insured so the payout will only be the 15K value of the barn itself.
from what I can tell it's pretty bad. I didn't realize they lost so many birds. I'd be willing to provide some new hatches to repopulate if that works.

from what I can tell it's pretty bad. I didn't realize they lost so many birds. I'd be willing to provide some new hatches to repopulate if that works.
I don't know that they will start over. It's a lot for anyone but the owner is 73 so it may be the sign that it's time to retire. 2000+ birds were in that barn!

Hello all! Live in Nashville. Just finishing up my coop today. Looking to pick up some Barred rocks, Silver Laced Wyandottes, and/or Buff Os this weekend...any advice on where to find some?

Hello all! Live in Nashville. Just finishing up my coop today. Looking to pick up some Barred rocks, Silver Laced Wyandottes, and/or Buff Os this weekend...any advice on where to find some?
First off, GOOD JOB finishing the coop first!

It's a little on the early side of the season for farm stores, I think. They'll have chicks within the next week or two, though. And there are breeders around who may be hatching if you're OK with straight run or don't necessarily want young chicks.

The local hatchery I've visited a couple times starts accepting reservations on 2/1 with pickup every Saturday (at Bonnie's Barnyard in Arrington) starting 2/17. You can find them on Facebook under "The Poultry House" and they do sex theirs.

Rural King! Especially the one in Clarksville! They don't have as much of a selection as they did in the spring/summer but they still have several different breeds and probably what you're looking for:)

Back
Top Bottom