The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hey there completely off the chicken subject . I'm wanting to learn about beekeeping I'm in sumner county tn. I know about the extension office but I think I'd like some one on one help maybe even come to my property and show me where good set up would be. Are there people that Do this?

quail.jpg

Serama bantam with her newest family; 13 Cortunix quail chicks. Anyone out there interested in Cortunix quail???? PM if you wish to do so.

Seems counter-intuitive to make it more difficult to keep bees when all you hear is that the bees are on the decline and all life on earth will end...lol.

Anyway...I have 2 roosters I would like to rehome in the Cookeville area. Both are mutts from pure bread parents. The white one is a polish rooster crossed with a white leghorn. He has the double comb and mohawk type crest. The dark one is crossed from a white crested black polish rooster and red polish hen. It's all polish, but from two different variations, very pretty coloring but no idea what future generations would look like.

Send me a PM if you are interested. I will post online later in the week if no action here and they will probably become stew. Thanks.
20180210_071633.jpg
20180210_071650.jpg
20180210_071717.jpg
Rooster.jpg

I am with you on the bee thing. I read that you have to REGISTER them. Not sure you need a license.
I think that it's mostly about getting on an inspection list. They want people to practice sound management to prevent diseases from spreading. It does no good for a struggling species if you get a bunch of amateurs dabbling who then spread pathogens in their ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom