The Middle Tennessee Thread

I don't know about everyone else but I am pretty tired of this rain. 12.4" in February for the month. Can't even walk through my chicken run without sinking up to my ankles in mud.

Same here. I've been putting hay down in the run to help them from sinking in it. I can't wait for it to be dry enough to give the coop a good cleaning. I might even wash off the chickens a little haha:p

Hi all,
I am supposed to receive my order of 10 chicks on March 9th. A mixture of Red, Gold, and Black sexlink and a couple each of Easter Egger and Buckeye. I am looking for a couple each Cream Crested Legbar and Black Copper Marens to add. Anyone in the Nashville area that might have some chicks of those breeds in the next 3 weeks or so?
Thanks, Medda

ETA: Or Welsummers - basically looking for chocolate/dark brown egg layers to go with the blue.

I don't know about everyone else but I am pretty tired of this rain. 12.4" in February for the month. Can't even walk through my chicken run without sinking up to my ankles in mud.
I made a path to the coop with my free woodchips from the tree trimmers last fall and wow, what a difference! It was super muddy in previous years, not anymore.

But yes, I'd like to get into the garden to weed the asparagus patch before picking time and there's no way I'm walking in there yet. It's like quicksand.

I made a path to the coop with my free woodchips from the tree trimmers last fall and wow, what a difference! It was super muddy in previous years, not anymore.

But yes, I'd like to get into the garden to weed the asparagus patch before picking time and there's no way I'm walking in there yet. It's like quicksand.

I have been looking for an excuse to buy a wood chipper....this may be it :thumbsup. I have a ton of garlic in the garden and I am crossing my fingers this much moisture doesn't ruin it.

I have been looking for an excuse to buy a wood chipper....this may be it :thumbsup. I have a ton of garlic in the garden and I am crossing my fingers this much moisture doesn't ruin it.

What kind of garlic? I have mine in a modified bucket. I have a water tank of sorts in the bottom and any extra can run out so they are not water logged. I planted some tiny bulbs last fall and they have really grown over the winter. I got some hardneck types can't wait to try them.

I am cutting way back on chickens, I have not hatched since June! Going to focus on a garden for Farm to Table type selling. I have started a ton of Tomatoes and still have more to plant. Heirloom tomatoes, peppers, squash, melons.... herbs. Going to sell plants and the produce from the garden.

What kind of garlic? I have mine in a modified bucket. I have a water tank of sorts in the bottom and any extra can run out so they are not water logged. I planted some tiny bulbs last fall and they have really grown over the winter. I got some hardneck types can't wait to try them.

I have 4 varieties of garlic planted. Elephant garlic, spanish roja, Georgia fire, and kilarney red. I have about 1,500 bulbs planted in total. I would love to find a local way to sell them this summer but most likely will all be over the internet so the USPS will make lots of money.

I have 4 varieties of garlic planted. Elephant garlic, spanish roja, Georgia fire, and kilarney red. I have about 1,500 bulbs planted in total. I would love to find a local way to sell them this summer but most likely will all be over the internet so the USPS will make lots of money.

Well, I don't know what kind of garlic I have because I just planted some cloves one day when I found the bulbs I'd bought at Aldi had sprouted in the refrigerator. :lau
To say that it's resilient is a gross understatement. Nothing (but us) eats it, it spreads readily, and it doesn't need any winter protection. I predict it will be just fine.

No kidding! Even my ducks are sick of the rain and mud, lol...

Hi all,
I am supposed to receive my order of 10 chicks on March 9th. A mixture of Red, Gold, and Black sexlink and a couple each of Easter Egger and Buckeye. I am looking for a couple each Cream Crested Legbar and Black Copper Marens to add. Anyone in the Nashville area that might have some chicks of those breeds in the next 3 weeks or so?
Thanks, Medda

ETA: Or Welsummers - basically looking for chocolate/dark brown egg layers to go with the blue.

Talk to @cree57i she has Marans... no Cream Legbars though, that I know of, but she has gorgeous Ameraucanas of a couple varieties... :)

Back
Top Bottom