The Middle Tennessee Thread

Quote:
Do you just have the one roo? Cuz I sure would love to have a small
hide.gif
flock of the Lavs.

I have 2 that I am keeping buttttt I know HappyMtn Holly knows her well who might have a spare roo she lives out fall creek falls I gotta get some of her eggs this fall

Maybe becky's eggs and those eggs on the same trip.

Hey, y'all! I have two GORGEOUS young black ameraucana cockerels if anyone needs one for a breeding program. If someone doesn't want them they will get put in the pile of roosters to eat. They are too pretty to eat! Anyone need a black ameraucana boy?
smile.png

My family gave me a birthday party this evening, and guess what they gave me???? An incubator with automatic turner!!!! Now I'm wondering if I should cancel my chick order and try hatching instead.

Thanks! My birthday was a couple days ago - but we had the family get-together tonight. When you get to be my age, birthdays are downright scary! LOL! I can't believe they bought me an incubator!

I had already placed an order with Meyer - with chicks to be delivered in a little over two weeks. I just checked the Meyer website - and orders can't be cancelled within two weeks of hatch date - which means I'd have to cancel my order tonight since the chicks I ordered would be hatched two weeks from tomorrow. So I cancelled the order - had to pay a $10 cancellation fee - but that seems fair.

I'd also bid on an auction for true Araucana chicks - and I will still get those chicks - but that only 3 - possibly 5 altogether. So that's do-able even if I hatch some eggs.

So now I feel okay with trying my hand at hatching some eggs. The incubator is on order. As soon as it arrives, I'll start looking for eggs.

Happy Belated Birthday Carol!! OOOOH and congrats on the incubator its very addicting
wink.png
and so much fun!!! There are so many on this thread that have different birds whatever you want someone is sure to have it.

Welcome Natedbrbr I see you have already rehomed the roo

I am hoping for an all HEN hatch
fl.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
yeah....sure LOL I can dream right?

CarolJ - Happy Belated Birthday!! Very cool that your family is also enabling the chicken addiction.
lol.png

1Newegg - glad to hear that your husband in on the mend!
Hello Natedbrbr!! Welcome!!
Simply Splendid - Congrats on the new house!!!

School AND soccer started here a few weeks back but now school is out for the week because of the Celebration Horse Show.
rant.gif

Chickens are doing wonderful!! Cranking out those eggs left and right! The Orpingtons and Cochins are still my absolute favorite though every day that I'm on here I find a new breed that looks really interesting.
th.gif
Hubby keeps telling me we are at our limit though.
Making plans to build a house within a few years up on Chestnut Ridge and yes, the coop has been designed already.....still working on the house plans though.
gig.gif

Any more plans for the meetup? I really need to run away for a few hours!

CityGirl- still interested but finances limit me until end of Sept- if ok, let me know

HBuehler and Raven- can't pickup this weekend (have to pick up new buck) and will be at the Calhoun show next weekend- are either of you going to the show? if so I can pick up from you there. If not, maybe meet during the week after the show?

Splendid- congrats on the house but not the packing

1newegg- glad your DH is doing well. Surgery is always scary.

To the rest of the crowd--hi there!!

Back
Top Bottom