The Middle Tennessee Thread

Quote:
I have a hatch the 14th of sept to.
smile.png

Quote:
smile.png

SimplySplendidSilkies set some the same day i did I think ... we can have our own hatching party in middle tn...

What do you have? Do I want some????

Quote:
smile.png

SimplySplendidSilkies set some the same day i did I think ... we can have our own hatching party in middle tn...

they are from Okla-doodle-doo's farm, Ee bantams( blue egg layers) wyandotte bantams, black mottled old english. I dont know if there is anything else. I have some white silkie eggs that should hatch a week later.
What do YOU have???
tongue.png

Quote:
Matlock -
No one has claimed him yet so he's yours! I'll try to email you my contact info so we can arrange a time for you to come get him if that works for you. Glad he's going to have a good home
smile.png

Woot! I'm so excited! I'll be in touch with you soon. Thanks for the reply, and by the way....
welcome-byc.gif
from White Bluff!

Look forward to hearing from you! Let me know if my messages didn't make it through (I used both the direct email and private message)
smile.png

Citygirl - Good luck! Sending tons of positive energy your way!
fl.gif

DM Rippy - Congrats on the egg development!! I haven't made the incubator plunge yet but it's getting harder and harder to resist, especially when all those cute fuzzy butt pictures are posted.
hide.gif

Regarding meetup - I can do Sat. afternoon/evening this weekend but not Sunday. We're taking the kids to point mallard one last time this summer.

Quote:
smile.png

I did not set them my friend set them for me.
hide.gif
I only set Showgirl eggs which gives me 50% silkies usually.

And yes I will take a naked goat if you come across one, although it would require some fencing on the front wooded part of my land, it would work.

Anne I hope you hear something soon. Still thinking about you.

Hubby is in Dubi and will head to Frankfurt soon, then to the states at somepoint tomorrow, home by 3.
No word on the dog yet I went and cleaned cages and some office work yesterday. While making sure to kiss enough butt to influence the decision.
big_smile.png
I am sure if this dog needs to be rehomed he will be mine but it never hurts to sweeten the deal. Gotta love county vets whom know your family well.

Lori of the 19 I plan to slip under the broodies I lost all 3 silkie pullet eggs and 1 maybe 2 showgirls eggs so you should be good. The silkie eggs were the very first eggs from that pen so I did not expect much from them. You will have some pullet eggs from Edwards pen I did not plan on selling but just gave all the eggs I had. I run my bator a bit warm and usually hatch on day 20. If not out by day 20 I start to worry. Call if you have any questions but I know you know how to incubate.

Today I go back to being a red head wih me luck. eewww but my hubby loves it.
I can't do a meet up this weekend but I guess you all knew that.

I have changed how I connect to the internet so now I can get on when I say and not when it decides
big_smile.png

Sam-you can toss all the chickens together for the winter it makes it much easier to keep waters thawed..ok not easier just less of them to mess with and the chickens stay warmer than if you only have a few in the pens...come Spring or when you want to hatch pure chicks just move those to a pen and wait about 2 weeks to set some eggs in the bator..or do as I do and get impatient and hatch some quicker..usually great layers.

DM-those clear eggs are not going to start so toss them...when I'm using my own eggs if they don't start by 5 days I know they are not going to but other eggs 10 is max here.
I'm being so good I don't even have one full bator going...it's close to full though
big_smile.png
but with only setting 2 pens now and I sold all but a few hens in those pens I don't get so many eggs. I think I have some going to lockdown today and one I stole from a broody was hatching last night.Then it will be awhile before the next bunch

I'm available either day this weekend..we don't like crowds when we are trying to get away so skip the Holiday rush.In a few more days those campgrounds booked this weekend will be like a ghost village..so peaceful.

I have 1 or 2 of the cutest fluffy bunnies ready to go to a new home...now I need to see how good this new internet service is at uploading pics..I may be in love soon
love.gif
if it does a good job.They are all lionheads but the one girl isn't going to be very fluffy only a single mane but loves to cuddle...in about a month we will have 4 white mini Rex ready to leave

Donna if they are clear toss em like Holly said.... they just aren't fertile...he is a juvy roo so I wasn't sure what all he would get
wink.png
that's why i tried to give you so many
big_smile.png
I am intrigued at what you will hatch out though... good luck
fl.gif

Tish a red head? WOW gotta see that LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
frow.gif
Good Morning everybody!
Good Luck to all of you that need it, I was a redhead once and loved it!
I just put an ad on Craigs List to thin down my flock so if anybody is looking for anything let me know. I like my birds to go to good homes even if its a freezer, at least I know everybody here appreciates the birds.

Back
Top Bottom