The Middle Tennessee Thread

man some if us are good.
wink.png
Ican't remember how many Donna had when she came out here the first time but I know it was a lot less than she has now
lau.gif

We won't discuss though Jen's little friends that got me hooked on bantam Cochin's.
I put a bunch up for sale this weekend..mostly roos but a few pretty Calico boys I just have so many and.Now they have matured pretty well so some can go.
Sad news on bun front...we lost one last night that was just born a few days ago.Mom's real upset but I have one having babies right now that I would rather foster out so she can get back showing in March I guess I know where I'm fostering her kits but it was one of the possible show kits
barnie.gif

Back to cleaning pens...can't let a summer day in Jan go to waste

Free buff polish rooster to good home. Picture of him on my BYC page. Very last pic. Nice young rooster just starting to crow. He was supposed to be a hen. Would prefer he didn't get eaten.

Jay
615-417-7184

Wait wait wait
smile.png
. You all are so bad!! My post was supposed to say in the Spring (not "sponge" as it came out). So hold your horses
smile.png

I love the hatching egg idea, but the possibility of Roos really stinks. I just rehomed our two silkies that ended up as boys and my kids weren't very happy with me.

hide.gif

My MFC's are laying like crazy so if my broodies are not successful with the cold I will have to break down and..no can't say it I must resist
barnie.gif

...yeah we know resistance is futile when it comes to chick fluff especially Cochin fluff
love.gif

3 more babies today 1 is a runt though and 1 more is having them tonight
fl.gif
after this 1 more bun to go this week

Sold 3 roos and bought 3 pullets not for the same money but it is all good... they are laying!

I also found another outlet for roos!!!! So that is 2 when I can't process and want to sell them. She wanted more but I only had the one for her, the other two are going to get girls.

Super GREAT DAY today! Got to visit with several people today instead of cleaning coops
lau.gif

Okay everyone - I have a ....thing (not sure if it's a problem or not) but I really have no idea what's going on.
One morning a month or so ago I noticed that one of my BO girls had a patch on the side of her neck, maybe 3 inches long and 2 wide, of missing feathers on her neck. There were no scabs, puncture marks, bits of blood...just chicken skin. I've kept a watch on her thinking maybe she was starting to molt but there's been no other patches. I can see where some feathers are growin back but not many. What can it be?
hu.gif

Is there something else I should look for? She's active and in the middle of everything as usual.

Sounds like a hawk may have tried to grab her!

Country,poultry hollow is over by carthridge,we should drive over ther some weekend,they are supposed to have a lot of birds and sell from day old up to point of lay,not for sure how expensive but would be a fun trip anyway!

Back
Top Bottom