The Migratory/Ornamental Waterfowl INFO Thread

[COLOR=333333]soooo,i have completely fallen in love with ornamentals/wildfowl! the problem is that i will probably will be moving house in a year-2 years so i don't want to build an aviary because i will have to take it all down again when we move so i have to wait like 2 years!!! my patience is aweful.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]anyway i have already planned it and i will se what your guys think.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]so it will be about 16x60 and i was wondering how many birds i will be able to fit in there comfortably. i am looking at mandarins,wood ducks,teals,pintails,widgens and whistling ducks. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]i would like to be able to sell some of the offspring. presumably that mean i need 2 pairs of each variety so i can sell unrelated pairs (male from one pairs clutch and female from the others.)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]what do you think of this plan? i am aware i may not be able have all these breeds but yeh.... your verdict will decide!s[/COLOR]

Bump

Il look out for mazuri waterfowl maintenance but I'm in England so might be harder to get hold of?! Thanks for your help everyone!

a fellow englander! wooooh!! where about are you based?

i don't have any migratory waterfowl yet but i have domestics, may i suggest the smallholder range, or credition milling is another good one.

you can't get mazuri here unfortunately.

what breeds of ornamentals do you have? how to you find they handle english weather.

i always find it quite hard to judge because on here is says,take whistling ducks for example,they don't handle very cold weather very well. well,american cold weather can get down to like -40c in michigan and places so we are probably quite warm compared to there but i don't know.

sorry i am blabbing!

which pellets? the breeder or maintenance/grower?

where about are you?

oh also,does anyone post ducklings in the uk?

There isn't any breeders around me that i can find

I am just planning ahead for my aviary in 2 years time!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom